Always Mine

Always Mine

A Poem by Phil Sanders
"

I was approached through my website by a lady whose husband is dying to write a poem that she could share with him ... I was deeply touched by her request and wrote this and I thought that I would share it with you ...

"

 

The worlds a stage and you have been my leading man for 30 years

No tears right now .. they will be shed when moment’s passing comes..

But celebrate .. our love .. our life .. and two fruits that came from us

A joyous sharing which became them both

Each dawn I sit and wonder at the world .. its beauty and its tragedy ..

A balance here in life of pleasure and some pain ..

But oft remembered happiness prevails and sorrow banished from the frame

Your gentleness and kindness fill my heart .. and wash my soul

For we have known such joy within our time..

Such memories are burnished in my mind .. forever and all time..

No one can take them from me .. and they will sustain

And see me through the darkened clouds ahead ..

My port within the tempest that will rage …..

In time when softer moments bloom .. I shall remember

And when we meet again in future lifetimes..

A little bit of now will still burn brightly .. and remain

So hold me close again my dearest heart

And burn some lovely memories in my soul

 

 

Phil Sanders

27/4/08

© 2008 Phil Sanders


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This might be your best one yet Phil - it's so beautiful and so sad. To me, the thing that is most difficult in this life is to say goodbye to our loved ones. Extremely tough, really tests our mettle, doesn't it? Outstanding is the only word that I can think of to review your poem. What a precious gift this poem is to the woman and her man. Hey Phil, 'Always Mine' could be the title of your poetry collection, and this piece could be the last one in the book - wouldn't that be appropriate? It Right to my favorites folder, my friend, another heart-felt piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this was a very sweet and endearing poem you wrote for the woman, and I am sure she will treasure this forever. Very nice of you to do for the both of them too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This piece really touched my heart, as I have lived every line. Wonderfully penned. Beautifully done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is simply beautiful! You seem to have a great understand of long term love. You are truly a sweet soul.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very beautifully written! What a good friend you are, Mr. Phil! Good job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It explains why the lady chose you to write on behalf of her.YOU'RE SUCH A GRET POET!!!
And this is one of the most sad poetic pieces I've ever read.It's like filled with sorrow upto the brim.
Put in some music and there you've have one really emotional song.
Fantastic Write!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautiful as always - As always beautifully written- what a wonderful acknowledgment from one love to another of lives and loved shared -

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, beautiful and sad, mellifluously switching between themes of strength and love and the darkened clouds ahead. Very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just trust you to crystallize her love and pain with such poignancy. A great tribute my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your poem was so heartfelt, I was moved to tears here. What a beautifully written poem. You have captured the emotions so vividly and undoubtedly have brought great joy to these two with your writing. Excellent writing. Very emotion-filled and tender.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What I enjoyed most about this was that no matter how many lines I read they all were just right. The first line was a perfect poetic vision for your friend. The first and second ones follow as perfect views in themselves. Anywhere in the poem you could have stopped and still you would have written a great elegy. Not only that you have written in an uplifting spirit that I hope made your friend feel the words uplift her inside.

Great versatility shown here. Oops, just noticed Orlando says that as well. I read the reviews after I had written this!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2008

Author

Phil Sanders
Phil Sanders

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a part time photographer and poet when I am not earning my normal crust. I live in Kent in the UK in a little village called Upnor which is right on the River Medway. I love photographing sunris.. more..

Writing
Passion Passion

A Poem by Phil Sanders



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..