Cracked Dolls ~Part Two~

Cracked Dolls ~Part Two~

A Story by Jen

Little Jean doll now sat on a table. The table was dark brown, round and looked like any normal end table, but the Miss servants knew better. The table was used by the Miss, and they only thing that sat upon it was her dolls. When a doll sat on that table, it meant the Miss was interested in the doll, and more commonly destroy the poor little doll. But in rare cases she left it alone, only stared at it, thinking of what she should do with it. That was what the Miss was doing with the Jean doll. She stared at it, with a bored expression, but did not move to do anything else. A faint crack was heard, and the tip of the crack went across the Jean doll's neck. "Little doll, little Jean, how long can you stay together?" Whispered the Miss.

Jean felt cursed. Her life seemed to be falling apart. Her friend continued to bug her, her family had no money, and she was failing school. She couldn't sleep anymore either, each night she seemed to just lay in bed with her eyes close the whole night. This was another sleepless night. "Why?" Jean said to the darkness. Jean almost expected an answer, but relieved none. She felt strangely disappointed, even through it was such a small thing. "Why?" She whispered again, tears building up at the corner of her eyes. She felt like screaming, but felt that she wouldn't be heard. Jean wasn't sure what has happening to her. She wasn't sure why she couldn't sleep, why she wanted to scream, why she feels like no one could hear her.
School, the place of hell as Jean put it, no longer worried her. She decided since she wasn't getting anywhere she would simply skip it. It was so easy, almost too easy, which was just fine. She didn't want anymore hardships. She believed that she could do anything, at anytime, which in theory was true. Jean abandoned school, but she had no where to go, so she walked around the streets aimlessly. "Hey, shouldn't you be in school?" a women asked. Jean stared at the women, unsure of what to say. "Look, you need to go back to school, alright. You can get in big trouble wondering around on the streets, alright." "I'm sick today, can't go to school." It was a dumb answer, but worth a shot. "If you were sick, why are you outside instead of in bed?" The women snapped. Jean ran off, ignoring the shouts of the women.

"Crick, Crack, Crick, Crack, snap." The miss said, staring at the doll. Many cracks now covered the Jean doll, and the Miss knew that bumping the table would risk destroying the doll completely, but only a risk. The miss gently shoved the table, and smiled as the doll shifted a bit, but didn't break.
Little Jean, How long will you keep your shape? How much longer will you last?" The women hid in the shadows of the room, not daring to interrupt the Miss. She wished she could go against the Miss, wished she could stop her from torturing the poor girl Jean, but to do so would mean death. She and then other servants wanted to fix the doll, but the Miss denied it, and now it was cracked to the point were no repairs could be done. "Little Jean, how long will you stay alive?" The Miss giggled.

Jean stopped, or wish she could stopped. Failed school, her parents were mad a her, and she felt like she was breaking apart. "Stay together, stay together..." She mumbled as she laid on her bed. She stayed in her room most of the time, and her parents were slowly stopping at nagging her to go to school. They were worried if she was sick, and needed to see a doctor, or if it was all mental. They didn't know, nor did Jean. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her, but she knew something was wrong. She was amazed of how much she changed, form being a decent, average girl, to her world going black. And now, it was turning gray. Gray, bleak, empty. Everything was turning into nothing, there was no light or dark, no air, nothing.
Jean felt like a bottle with a thousand cracks, leaking and was almost empty. she wasn't sure what to do with her life. Late one night, she couldn't sleep, her empty thoughts were keeping her awake. Something seemed to be speaking to her. Nagging thought at the back of her head. She wasn't sure what it was, but she couldn't ignore it. She got up, and went to the bathroom.

"Drip, Drip, Drip..." The Miss said as she drop water onto he Doll. At a glance, she looked perfect, as if she never had a crack on her. But what had happen was that there were so many cracks, it made the illusion that she was in one peace. The Miss was impressed by how long she managed to keep together, and deiced that she wanted her. She was strong, cute, and empty.

Her hands felt numb as she turned the handles for the bath. She heard the roar of water, but it seemed so distant. She felt like she was sleepwalking, yet wide awake. She felt completely focused, and yet dazing off. She turned the handles again, turning off the roar of water.The water was filled tot he brim, and ice cold. Another urge, and she stepped into the tube, not worried about her wet cloths. The tube was a bit smaller then her, but she still fit her whole body under the water. It was cold, she knew that but didn't feel it. She felt nothing, was nothing. time slipped away, and the world melted into darkness.

Darkness. Not scary or painful, Jean was sure she was dead. And for a second, she felt pure relief. No more pain or suffering. Nothing. She was nothing. But as soon as she thought of that, she realized she was wrong. she couldn't be nothing, or dead. She could still feel, was still aware, still being. Disappointment filled her, she didn't want to die, but living wasn't so glamorous either. She wasn't sure where she was, if she was anywhere. IT was like being stuck between the living and the dead, it felt strange and empty.

The Miss pushed the table, turning the doll into dust, thus stopping her human heart. She smiled, she had a new friend to be with now. She scooped of the dust and robe into her hand and gazed at it. She always did this before transforming the doll into it's new form. She closed her eyes and blew the dust and robe back onto the table. The dust shifted, and glued itself to other pieces of dust, and formed the doll. A new, fresh doll, who looked pretty much the same as before. Her eyes were darker, and she wore a black robe instead of white. The Miss picked up the doll and went to place it with the others of her kind. Her servants dolls sat in a differnt area from the rest, and her servants rarely ever see them. She hurried, but carefully placed Jean with her new friends, and went to meet her new Servant Girl.

"Well, this is new." The new girl said. She tried remember why this was new, there was something before here but it was slipping it away, like a dream. She felt like she was losing something, forgetting something, but that soon lost all importance. She was here now, where ever here was, and here was all that mattered. A girl came into view, she seemed so familiar. "Hello." She said, her voice was sweet and loving. The new girl simply stared at her, trying to remember what to do, and how to feel in this situation. "Do not worry, you will feel and understand things soon. For now, all you must do is do as I tell you. In return, I will take care of you. this is a good thing. You are pleased and happy becuase of this." That did please the girl, but she wasn't sure why. The girl disappeared into he shadows, where she would learn her duties from the other servants, but the Miss stood there, giggling, "Little Doll, Little girl Jean, how you will serve me well."


© 2009 Jen


Author's Note

Jen
I wasn't sure how I should end this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on February 8, 2009

Author

Jen
Jen

About
I make Voodoo dolls, and do a bit of cartooning. I love writing, and many people comment on how well I make stories and poems. more..

Writing
Last Riddle Last Riddle

A Poem by Jen


Pinocchio Girl Pinocchio Girl

A Book by Jen