Letter to Death

Letter to Death

A Poem by burblur

Dear Death,

Give me the forbidden kiss, but make me a promise I will not be missed. Make it so that I die without my flaws. Make it so that at my last breath I do not bawl. Lovely Death, make me feel no pain, make me believe that love has no gain. Make me want to stay with you 'til the end, make it so that my wishes do not bend. Make me see the darkness of the night, make me forget the light. Make me not remember my heart; make it so that a new life is what I'll start. Death, my love, make it be that I get forgiveness from God. Please, make it so that my relationship with him isn't odd. Make it so that I don't regret my decision. Make it so that I see in the right vision. Make it so that I am true to only you. Make it so that loving you is want I'll do. Lovely Death, I hope you stay true to me and my love is what you'll see. I hope you know that in the end we can't rely on friends.  My longing to be with you is so much I won't be moved. What I seek will not be leaked. Just promise that you'll get me and make us. Promise me that you won't let our relationship rust. Let me look through your eyes right before I say bye. Let me see if they truly care, or if not, are their feelings just a dare? Let them see I was weak; let them know love was what I seek. Death let me say goodbye one last time, and let everyone know with you I have bind. 

Forever yours.

© 2015 burblur


Author's Note

burblur
wrote this four years ago, however, one of my favourite pieces because the emotion & feelings were very raw for me. probably not the best but whenever I read this I am reminded of the pain I once felt, hopefully y'all can see/feel that?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've written a very similar story as far as the personification of death (which I have only kept in my journal). I wrote of the longing I possessed for death to sweep me away in a fanciful manner to escape this world. I enjoyed this piece because it similarly paralleled my own thoughts. Very nice job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this piece. I thought it was really rather moving with the emotion that leaked out of your words. It's really quite beautiful, despite the dark meaning behind it. It really flows quiet well throughout and peels away emotions with it. It's full of passion that can still be felt through the writing years after it was originally conceived. I really loved it and hope to read more from you and even comparin your older works to your newer works might be fun and interesting. It's great that you enjoy reading your own work as well. (:

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2015
Last Updated on December 7, 2015
Tags: death, depression, sadness, feelings, emotions, poems, relationship

Author

burblur
burblur

brampton, Canada



About
I used to write but then crazy stuff happened and I stopped, now trying it again. more..

Writing
Blue Days Blue Days

A Poem by burblur