It Is Not All Gone

It Is Not All Gone

A Poem by burblur
"

Sometimes you just need a reminder.

"
I thought there was no one to rescue me. I thought my pain was something they couldn't see. In my head they would ignore everything that I do. I thought they couldn't see that I had nothing to prove. Love was what I asked for but I believed you would only receive betrayals with masks on. Know I don't say this because I'm weak, I say this because help is still what I seek. I thought no one came to my aid, but without a few I wouldn't have been made. The person I am today is nowhere near perfect. At least maybe not on the surface. My insides shine brighter than gold. And I got to remind myself sometimes the young live more than the old. I can get through this journey called life. I can do it with a smile and without a knife. The people that helped me deserve my thanks. Even if I was back then to blind to grant. Now I know, there's none who can say I can't. I'll prove them wrong, no matter what they chant. My love for myself is far too great, even if I discovered it a bit too late. I'm going to make it but not with the false hope that there will only be smiles and laughter. I know sadness will be included in this life's chapter. But I will embrace the tears because they taught me that there's nothing I should fear.  Even if I have to, I will go through pain to get my gain. I am no longer going to sit and pray for things to take place. Because life taught me that for good things to happen you have to let the bad things holding you back erase.

© 2015 burblur


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on December 7, 2015
Last Updated on December 7, 2015
Tags: life, move on, self love, poem, poetry

Author

burblur
burblur

brampton, Canada



About
I used to write but then crazy stuff happened and I stopped, now trying it again. more..

Writing
Blue Days Blue Days

A Poem by burblur