Non-ferrous metal casting Non-ferrous metal smelters

Non-ferrous metal casting Non-ferrous metal smelters

A Story by bushingbronze
"

Copper (chemical formula Cu) alloy casting materials are divided into two categories, namely brass and bronze, brass is divided into ordinary brass and special brass, and bronze is divided into tin br

"

Copper (chemical formula Cu) alloy casting materials are divided into two categories, namely brass and bronze, brass is divided into ordinary brass and special brass, and bronze is divided into tin bronze and special bronze. Since ordinary brass is a binary alloy of copper and zinc, its mechanical properties are good, and it is widely used in the casting of general wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant parts. In the copper alloy casting process, in order to improve the performance of ordinary brass (xìng néng), a small amount of other elements are added to ordinary brass to form a special brass, which meets the gears, worm gears and marines that are under heavy load. Casting requirements for propellers and other parts. In contrast, tin bronze (chemical formula Cu) has higher wear resistance and corrosion resistance than brass, but its casting performance (xìng néng) is inferior to brass, and castings made by copper alloy casting technology (technology) 

It is easy to produce micro-shrinkage, so it is only suitable for manufacturing wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant parts with low gas tightness requirements. Non-ferrous metal casting Non-ferrous metal smelters often supply metal ingots with a certain chemical composition for subsequent processes to formulate various alloys; smelters and processing plants are also often separated. Non-ferrous casting is widely used in machinery manufacturing, aviation, automobile, construction and other industries. Steel castings account for a very small share of the use of steel materials. Most steel mills are supplied in the form of steel, so most smelters and processing plants are located in the same place. But only need to add phosphorus (P) element in tin bronze, you can get a higher strength (strength) and wear resistance, suitable for manufacturing heavy casting and high wear resistance casting parts. According to experience, the technology of copper alloy casting is characterized by the large shrinkage of most copper alloys. 

For this reason, the solidification sequence should be controlled during casting to prevent the formation of shrinkage gear shaft Manufacturers holes; flow should not be interrupted during pouring. At the same time, the pouring system (system) should be able to prevent the splashing of the molten metal, so that the molten metal flows smoothly; moreover, it should be fully stirred before pouring to make the liquid composition as uniform as possible (jūn yún), and the castings should be cooled quickly to reduce the specific gravity segregation phenomenon. Non-ferrous metal casting has a large share (sometimes nearly half) in the use of non-ferrous metal materials, forming a large and complex series of casting alloys. .

© 2020 bushingbronze


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on May 8, 2020
Last Updated on May 8, 2020
Tags: brass