Of Bravery

Of Bravery

A Poem by Carli
"

This is my own version of Of Studies by Sir Francis Bacon

"
Of Bravery
Bravery serves for will power, for fear, and for abilities. Their chief use for will power is in decisions; for fear is in overcoming; for abilities is in experience. For strong men are to leap with its power, but weak men are to only dream of it.  To make judgement by its rules is unfair, to spend too much time being it is pretend, to not be cautious during acts of it is the death of its follower. 
It perfects the mind, but is perfected by mindful thoughts. 
Wise men know to be careful with it, plain men disapprove of it, and scared men desire it. They do not teach men how to display its capability, but how to use its wisdom. Fear not the danger, nor the consequence, but the courage required to become dauntless. Some fears are to be everlasting, others are to be replaced, but few are to be overcome as a whole. That is, some fears are to be forgotten, others are to be renewed, but few are to be faced. Taking a leap of faith maketh a strong man, experience maketh a ready man, and caution maketh a wise man. And therefore, if a man be careful little, he need have to expect the outcome, if a man experience little, he need have a watchful eye, and if a man not leap over a log, he need have the mind to not jump a river. Selflessness make men able; courage, whole-minded; fear, aware; and bravery, intelligent and complete. 

© 2013 Carli


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like how you really went into depth about descibing bravery, your poem has a lot of truth in it and really brings out what your trying to say

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
1 Review
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: Bravery

Author

Carli
Carli

Aurora, CO



About
I'm 13. I love reading science fiction books, I get most of my inspiration from the dialogue between characters in my books. more..