Oh the Stories they Share

Oh the Stories they Share

A Story by Byroneus

 Oh the Stories they Share

                One of the most enjoyable things for me as a Christian is to hear other Christians tell their stories of how God has moved in their lives, and the places they have seen God. One time while helping lead youth group we had the youth share about where they experienced God in their lives, during the summer. I got to listen to Elizabeth tell about how she seen and experienced God in Alaska that summer while on a mission trip. Elizabeth talked about how she seen his creative side when climbing the Harding Ice field Trail. She also talked about her time in the Bush at Mark’s house. Bayle another youth at our church talked about her time while kayaking, and that her and her friend got lost on a river, and while playing around they had a family of otters swim up and climb onto their boats. These stories bring me great joy. They show me that these youth that God has lead me to work with are growing closer to him, and getting to share in his beauty and love. They also inspire and encourage me, because they remind me of God’s love. These stories cause a deep hunger in me to go back out and spend some time on adventures with God, because it is in these times that I get to see his wondrous creation and his even more wondrous love.

 These are just two of many stories that I have heard in the conversations I have had with Christians. Over that same summer my family had a family reunion with my Grandma Mickey’s side of the family. At the reunion I got to spend some time talking with my dad’s cousin David; David lives in Montana where he was a Pastor for many years. He talked about many of his adventures out in Montana, and the places that he loves to go. One of his stories he shared was about Ptarmigan Pass which is a place I would like to see some day. Ptarmigan Pass has a hiking trail that switchbacks up the mountain and near the top it has a large steal door that leads into a passage that goes through the mountain and to the other side. David explained that when you go through the passage you come to an amazing view of the Rocky Mountains.

            Over the years I have met many people while on my adventures. While staying at Judge Magney State Park I met a retired couple from Missouri, and it was really enjoyable to hear about the places they had been and seem. While in the Boundary Waters I was able to meet a family from Colorado Springs Colorado. In Alaska it is very common to meet people from all over the lower forty eight states. From all the places that I have explored and the people I have met who live in these and other places one of the things that I have learned is that God seems to always place things of great beauty all across the globe for each and every people to have a place where they can see he great creative side and even greater love for his creation. I love hearing other people’s stories, about the places they have been and the people they have met, and at times I wish I could share more of them in these stories that I share.

            As Christians have a great story that we are able to read as often as we like. The Bible is full of great stories and how God showed his love to his creation. But we don’t have to end it there, each of us has a testimony, a great story of our own about God and how he has moved in our lives that we can share with others. These testimonies are a great tool for encouraging each other’s through difficult times, and helping us to continue to seek God in our daily lives.

© 2014 Byroneus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on September 4, 2014

Author

Byroneus
Byroneus

MN



About
I am a Christian outdoors men. more..

Writing