Mean(ing) of Life?

Mean(ing) of Life?

A Story by C.J.G.
"

The ultimate question.

"

 “What is the meaning of life?” That is the ultimate question. Scientists say it is to make babies and die. Hippies say it is to make peace and love. Writers pose another question to make you think deeper. I think scientists are a******s, hippies are naive, and writers, well, they obviously are just as clueless as I am. Yet, the one thing I know, for the meaning of my life, is love is indispensable. To survive in this world, you need it. I need it.

To need is a strong emotion; it's the feeling of not being able to live without that something. That someone. I need to lust, the passion. I need to comfort, the stability. I need the mix that hold a perfect human together, though I am far from perfect. Do I need it? I feel alone.

The ache of loneliness seems ubiquitous. If one emotion is so powerful, and so overwhelming, who is not to say that is how it is suppose to be? Sometime's I think it is. Yet, my mind is constantly conflicting with media-produced meaning of life's journey. Love. I want love. I want the kind  that only you and him understand. Your personalized love. You see it when you look into each other’s eyes. You feel it when you’re lying next to him. You taste it when he gives you a goodbye kiss. You hear the intensity when he whispers into your ear those three words. We see it in movies, the passion. But, it’s all an act. Can that craze ever be real? Does it ever truly last forever? 

The meaning of life is a figment of the greatest power. Human's search the entire world to find this answer. Where is it? Scientist say it's about the chemistry, so it is out of your reach. Hippies say everything happens for a reason, you'll find it someday. Writers are still wondering. Chemistry is bullshit. Another word for that is lust. If everything happens for a reason, tell why people die alone. 


And I am still wondering. 


All I want in life is to love and be love. Completely and irrevocably. With 6,692,030,277 people living in this world, it still seems nearly impossible. 

© 2010 C.J.G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really liked the opening paragraph - a very strong voice. That voice then got a bit muted - I would have liked you to get right into what you mean by "need"? Some more penetrating image to carry it through - eg from a movie? Plus some sort of image for the 69+mn - it's an impressive thought which could really jump out with the right image?
It got me thinking - thanks

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked the opening paragraph - a very strong voice. That voice then got a bit muted - I would have liked you to get right into what you mean by "need"? Some more penetrating image to carry it through - eg from a movie? Plus some sort of image for the 69+mn - it's an impressive thought which could really jump out with the right image?
It got me thinking - thanks

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2010
Last Updated on April 10, 2010
Tags: life
Previous Versions

Author

C.J.G.
C.J.G.

NY



About
Just trying to meaning in a meaningless world. more..

Writing
Underbelly Underbelly

A Poem by C.J.G.


Caves cave Caves cave

A Poem by C.J.G.


Lay Lay

A Poem by C.J.G.