Yours

Yours

A Story by C.J.G.
"

i give my heart to you.

"

i love you, i really do. with every fiber and every atom of my body, i love you. from the tips of my dainty fingertips to the ends of my stubby toes, i love you. from the dark corners of my wondering  mind to the deep crevices of my tainted soul, i love you. i really do. you make the greens of my eyes greener than the blades of grass that graze the underneaths of my callused  feet in the spring time. you stretch the corners of my unavoidable smile to reach my protruding cheekbones. you make my lips purse in an effort to reach you ever-teasing mouth, though we are miles away. miles of life that carry the broken pieces of the millions of injured hearts. these pieces are eventually fit together in an effort to craft one unified heart in this world of mangled love. one special new born receives this gift of an unbroken heart, but once she steps off the steps of security and fantasy, the pieces break again. they break harder, they break faster until they are so broken no remedy can hold them together. the pieces fall through the inbetweens of your fingers and filter down into the earth, the only place where they can be put to use. they fortify this land; they keep the world turing. but i refuse. i refuse to let these pieces break, which is why i give them to you. i know with every fiber and every atom of my body that you will keep this heart together. i know from the tips of my dainty fingertips to the ends of my stubby toes that you will never let this heart break. i know from the dark corners of my wondering  mind to the deep crevices of my tainted soul that you will treat this heart like your own. because baby, i give my heart to you. i love you, i really do. 

© 2010 C.J.G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A thought provoking piece. I liked it. ty SW

Posted 13 Years Ago


very sweet. i like that you put effort into the analogies... there's an image in almost every sentence. creative. I actually like the lack of capitalization. I think it makes it feel more like someone's thoughts rather than just a piece of work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Is there a point to no capitalization? I do dig prose poetry, just wondering what the motivation was. This is good. Not too out of the ordinary, a good pouring forth of the soul though. Romantic, but no terribly deep (not that it must be). No real narrative here, needs a little more to really be a "story", but right now it serves as perfectly suitable prose poetry. I would like to know a little more about the narrator before really explicating any further.

Good work, keep em coming.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2010

Author

C.J.G.
C.J.G.

NY



About
Just trying to meaning in a meaningless world. more..

Writing
Underbelly Underbelly

A Poem by C.J.G.


Caves cave Caves cave

A Poem by C.J.G.


Lay Lay

A Poem by C.J.G.