Panic

Panic

A Poem by A.Lee

Your heart races
A million horses' hooves
Pounding hard against your chest
Pushing faster and faster
As it threatens to explode

Your hands sweat
The hottest fire ever built
Sending cold chills down your spine
Flashing heat, flashing warmth
Your body can't decide

There's no more air
The vacuum sucks your breath away
Sends lightning shooting through your palms
An anvil resting on your chest
You fight to breathe

Your mind is spinning
But you cannot seem to think
Thoughts rush by like a speeding train
You reach out to grasp the end
Nothing to hold

You're stuck in place
Scared so stiff you cannot move
Frozen at the mountain's peak
Tearing once sound logic down
The end is near

Your heart is racing
Hands are sweating
Struggling to breathe
Your mind is spinning
While you're stuck in this state
Panic

© 2010 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
Another "different" one. Again, don't compare it to my usual work because its not the same. Consider it on its own.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a great poem. I love the flow and the content is great. It really has the vibe that make it seem like your heart is really racing because the flow is so quick that it rushes you through, but not so quick that you rush through without reading every word and feeling every emotion. There's only one error I have to point out and that's in the second line, "million's" shouldn't be pluralized. Other than that, amazingly written, great emphasis on a single emotion.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Personally, I think this was excellent. The imagery and the sensations that you gave the reader were genuine, and very well expressed. 100/100 from me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I had panic attacks. Ain't no fun. You described the feeling pretty well. I do meditation to keep my mind clear and at peace. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent write. Each time you try something 'different' it seems you grow as a writer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


************************************************************************** All Stars ***************************
A real vivid view of a panic attack Cattie, very strong presence of that intensity.
I have suffered some such in the past and know how horrible that can be to contend with. I seem to use the word vivid a lot in reviewing you work. You have a gift of description that is very crisp and to point. I receive a lot of inspiration from your writ. This speaks of what it is. Hard to live through. And, why I pray for you a lot... :) Hoping that soon some of that may pass and the sun shine through your windows and light up your soul. Love Ro...

*******************************************************************************************************************
Romon in Review 19/06/10. 5:14am Quesnel BC Canada Write On /Right On! Ro...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Intense emotion!
Panic state
Alert
Awakening
Wow!
Imprinted!
Deep!
lol
Love it!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is incredible. I love this so much. You really expressed the feeling well. It's brilliant, the imagery, the flow... I could feel everything, you really did an amazing job on this one. I really could gush all day lol. It's going in my favorites for sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You definitely described panic quite well. It is not a pleasant feel.
"Tearing once sound logic down" - Exactly. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

825 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alice blue Alice blue

A Poem by Robin


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin


Drake Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan