Dreams of Paradise

Dreams of Paradise

A Story by Caleb James
"

This isn't a story but more of a desciption of feeling. The way the natural world coincides with the fast paced modern world.

"

Heaven is a place that resides in the mind of an individual.  To describe it out loud would be to bring about varying opinions and objections. One man's ideal may be another man's distain. Some spend a lifetime searching for their paradise while some find it very early.
I have found that I see the world very different from others.  Many are in need of constant entertainment,  their attention, their whole being,  desperately searching for distraction. Unable to view the world as anything but a background whizzing passed them in never ending motion.  I always stop, I am a part of the background.  A whirlwind of life,  energy,  a beautiful warmth that only the spirit of the Earth could bring about. I feel the universe within me,  as a living spark once ignited from an awe-inspiring explosion not only of beyond time and space,  but as the creation of all things known to us.
To me it is everybody else that is the background to the enormity of all things being. My paradise lies within the natural beauty that to most is disregarded as nothing more than a visual blur in passing.
My attention draws to the tree with branches softly swaying with the flow of the breeze. My eyes catch the uncountable golden wheat stalks bending and rising with each gust of wind over the hills. Beauty is the way a.beam of light shines through the early morning fog illuminating a dew drop delicately perched atop a single blade of grass.
Many are on an endless,  fruitless quest to find happiness.  Unable to separate themselves from a life of anguish and complacency. The beauty and joy of living eludes them and they do not know why.  If only they could see what I see. Everyone has the ability to experience what I do,  they just blind themselves to what their hearts truly yearn for.  If they could just take a step back and slow down,  they would see their joy lies all around them.
For me being alive is to express the love of life that is deep within us all.  To experience great jubilation you must find what your heart desperately craves. My heart searches for a connection once lost.  The connection our ancestors once had with nature.  The way we use to flow with time instead of fighting against it. My heart pulls me in the direction where we all belong.  Where survival is attributed to being one with the world.  Where joy is found within the simplicity of nature,  and happiness in the complex workings of the universe.
 My joy is lying on the grass with my eyes fixed upon a starry summers night sky, letting the cool air wash over me. My happiness is getting lost in the cosmos, being engulfed by the universe, inside and out.
  For me it is impossible to imagine what it must be like to be in search of a place of tranquility.  How can one look so hard for what has been in front of them their whole lives?  To end your search I feel you must truly become one with the world around you. If you just look beyond yourself you can see the whole network of life surrounding you. You will see how you fit in with such an amazing ecosystem, how all things ultimately function as one living entity.  
Once you realize how miraculous simply being alive is,  you will no longer view the world as nothing more than background.  You will merge with it,  becoming a part of the beauty,  the unbridled joy. You are a part of the universe,  and the universe is a part of you. Just open your eyes and let it all in.

© 2015 Caleb James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on July 11, 2015
Last Updated on July 11, 2015
Tags: life

Author

Caleb James
Caleb James

Washington, PA



About
I'm an avid reader. I really enjoy graphic novels and comic books. I also read a lot of books spanning all genres. I write online comedy articles from time to time and recently started working on .. more..

Writing
The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by Caleb James