Sacrifice

Sacrifice

A Story by candaceflynn

This goes out to all the people who make a lot of sacrifices. To my mother, who may have probably sacrificed a whole lot in her life just to make our life better. To all the mother out there who’s still struggling to make their children’s life easier. To all the parents in the world and to all people who basically do sacrifice something for someone. I thank you. And  hope these people who you make sacrifices for, are thankful too.

When I was young, I bet the only emotions I feel were happiness, sadness and pain. Well in that case, that would be physical pain mostly. I remembered being happy whenever I get gifts for any occasion you could ever think of. Being sad when your parents cant give you what you want. Being hurt when you lose a tooth, bruise your knee or if your parent hit you cause you did a bad thing.

As I grew up, it became more complex. Everything has to have a reason. It just cant be that simple anymore. I cant believe there would be a lot where happiness can come from.

You  can be happy just because you’re with somebody you love; you can be happy around your family and friends; and you can be happy when you see the people you love, happy. Even if it means you’re not in the picture. Even if it means you got to work hard to see them happy.

Well I guess what I’m saying is, there are a lot of people who has to sacrifice their own happiness just to have their loved ones happy. May it be a mother who works abroad to send all her children to school and for them to have a better life. Even at times it gets too hard for them to take. The distance and longing for their love and presence.

One may have thought why they are always the one who needs to sacrifice for other’s happiness. One may need to, want to and/or forced to. But hell if you think you have a person that’s doing this for you, be thankful. Not everyday there would be somebody doing this for you.  They may eventually get tired. They may eventually find somebody who would do it for them too.

So to you, who sacrificed a lot. Give yourself a pat on the back. You did a great thing. That doesn’t only mean you are selfless, this also means that you are a loving person. And you deserve to be happy too.

© 2016 candaceflynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on April 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 17, 2016

Author

candaceflynn
candaceflynn

Philippines



About
a little bit of everything. more..

Writing