You and Me

You and Me

A Story by candaceflynn

He asked, "Was it easy? .. moving on and forgetting about me?"
She looked at him in the eyes and said "It was never easy." 

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of it. Because of me. it was hard for me too but I'm glad you have moved on and okay now."
she smiled but was also close to tears..
"I may have moved on but the feelings i have for you is still here. In my heart. but locked away so i wouldn't be hurt so much."
He suddenly felt a surge of sadness. "I don't know what to say... I."
"Don't" she interrupted. "You don't need to say anything. I'm glad I can talk to you again with ease."
"I know it's not the same. I know it won't be. But I'm happy too."
She smiled and looked away, admiring the beautiful sun setting into the sea.
He then looked at her glowing face and turned into the ocean.
She began with half seriousness, "Just make sure you make yourself happy. And If I come back one day and found you on the very same situation you are in now, PACK YOUR BAGS AND I'LL TAKE YOU WITH ME."
She laughed a little but continue "I might not know where we are going but I'm sure I'll be happy just to be with you."
 
He looked confused and surprised. He looked at her to check if she's sober. 
She caught his gaze, placed her hand on the left side of his face, feeling the roughness of his unshaven beard and smiled."I am not drunk, don't worry."
He just looked at her feeling contented but defeated.
Then she said, "I want to say that I love you. But this is not the right time for it. Maybe months or years from now I can say I love you.. as a lover or as a friend. Either way, we'll both be happy."

© 2016 candaceflynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on May 2, 2016
Last Updated on May 6, 2016

Author

candaceflynn
candaceflynn

Philippines



About
a little bit of everything. more..

Writing