What is LOVE?

What is LOVE?

A Story by candaceflynn

What is love?

 As stated in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 of the bible;

 

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

 

It is laid out plain and simple. But is it really that uncomplicated? Let me break it down for you in my own opinion.

Years ago, if you ask me what love is, I might have answered with, love is family; Friends and dedication to my studies.

Now, I’ll answer with, love is the music you hear in a quiet place just thinking about the one you love. It is the sound so sweet ever in our eardrums even if at times it’s quite loud, sarcastic, annoying or argumentative.  

Love is the comfort we look forward to at the end of a stressful and tiring day; even if at times they’re the ones who cause it, you’ll still be longing for their long and warm embrace to make you feel all better.

It is like moments when you argue, say stupid hurtful things and you realize that you’re just two different persons with different point of views in life; that these differences shouldn’t matter because what’s important is you meet halfway.

Love is our hands tangled even if there’s complete silence in the air. It’s the look of longing and the twinkle in the eyes that speak a thousand unspoken words.

Love is being happy and contented eve when the skies are gray and you have nothing at all.

Love is when I met you.

 

 

© 2017 candaceflynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on September 18, 2016
Last Updated on August 29, 2017

Author

candaceflynn
candaceflynn

Philippines



About
a little bit of everything. more..

Writing