The Tiger of Bangladesh

The Tiger of Bangladesh

A Poem by Shirley Wontas
"

a Metaphor ~ in Narrative Form

"


Between the Indian plains and the hills of Burma. Protected by the affection of its three guardians, The Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna. From there - this story began. On a grassland full of hopes and dreams. Right at the edges of Brahmaputra river. Lying there without any wheezes, A sad and lonely royal bengal tiger. He remembers the smell of the Sal trees, In Bhawal Park near Dhaka, his place of birth. He remembers the sounds of peacocks, elephants, and deers His heart wish they were not yet became a myth. He has been a part of Pohela Boishakh feast. When people bathe early and dress in fine clothes. All the men put on their kurta, or the finest lungi at least While women dress in sharee, letting their beauty to be exposed. Tears streamed from his cheek. As the old tiger weep. A momentary recalled the legends of his ascendant. The story of the one whose once Sultan beloved, And the one whose survives the liberation war in 1971. The tiger now stood, underline his courage and chivalry. "Will this liberty be felt by my offspring?" his mind fly. Despite the poverty, instability, and all its vulnerability, There is more to Bangladesh than meets the eye.

© 2013 Shirley Wontas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very exotic and unique Shirley...this was a stunning piece...Enjoyed and loved the theme...Rose:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2013
Last Updated on September 29, 2013
Tags: Bangladesh

Author

Shirley Wontas
Shirley Wontas

Jogjakarta, Indonesia



Writing