Dreaming Dayys

Dreaming Dayys

A Story by nevershoutnever.
"

Mini pathetic story :D

"

     What happened to the days when girls and boys had cooties in kindergarten? When every little girl dreamed of being a princess in a locked away tower, waiting for her prince to come? When every little boy dreamt of being a race car driver or an astronaut? When the world was a giant game and you were the player? Why does imaginations halt to a stop when you are expected to be more mature?

     Age 5- I was sitting on the dining room chair with mountains of pages of colors everywhere on the surface of the table. One after another, I ran into the kitchen yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Look what I drew!" or something of that sort. And when nap time came, I pleaded Mommy to tell me a story, "Once apon a time..."

     Age 7- "Come on, Sally! Let's go have lunch," I said, dragging my imaginary friend by her hand. "No, we are not having hot dogs again!" I listened to Sally complain and moan on and on about how she likes hot dogs and doesn't want anything else. Mommy came into the kitchen and interrupted our intense conversation. "Mommy, Sally will only eat hot dogs," I began to groan about it. "Sally," I said to her, "it's time for your nap."

     Age 10- There I was watching Dora the Explorer with my little sister, age 4, and trying not to sleep while she plays along with the show. "Mom, can't we change the show?" I begged. Of course, it was all about Amelia, so we stuck with Dora. What would I do without naps? Right when Mom took her upstairs, I bolted for the remote and turned on Drake and Josh on TeenNick. My shows are so much better, why can't see just watch them?

     Age 13- "God, Mom, I don't have to freaking clean my room! It's clean enough and it's not like my friends care what the hell my room looks like when they come over!" I reached for my phone and updated my status on just about ever website that allows a mood message. 'Ugh. Mom's are so dramatic. Distract me.'

     Age 15- "Naomi, you must go. Spending time with family for an amazing event like this is much more important than a silly dance!" I rolled my eyes and stomped up the stairs, slamming my door and logging onto facebook to complain about how unfair my mom was being to just about all 1,000 of my friends.

     Age 18- "Mom, highschool gradutate and you don't even trust me at an after party? I wouldn't even think about drinking even if they had drinks there, which they DON'T!" With that, I hopped into my little Mini Cooper and drove off to Michelle's party. I found Jenni and began to get aggrivated, so she suggested something that would really piss her off. "Yes, hit me again, Jen."

     Age 19- I sighed and drove away. Would living on my own finally be a good thing, even though I've been waiting for this since day 1? I rolled the window's down and turned up the radio volume to an ear blasting rate. "Whatever, I've survived them for 19 years. College will be a piece of cake."

     Age 23- "Hello?" "Sweety, it's your Father. He's in the hospital. Can you come now?" "Yeah, Mom, I'll be there as soon as I can. Give him lots of luck for me, will you?" "Of course, hurry back."

     Age 25- You soon realize that everything in life is a blessing. No matter how hard your life is, someone cares. Someone will listen. Someone will love. Anywhere, anytime, any how. When Dad passed, it opened my eyes to a world that was completely unfamiliar to me. I was sulking around most everywhere I went. I saw how my life wasn't anything compared to the snobby rich kids. But, I still had it and I enjoyed it. And he made me realize that.

© 2011 nevershoutnever.


Author's Note

nevershoutnever.
Um, I just kind of threw this together. It's not perfect. It's not even particularly good. It's not even a story, really. Just really think hard when you read it. Be amazed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

@StrawberryHart36- Thanks..?

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's like...Not exactly a story, more like a life-teaching Novella...but shorter. I like the differences between ages.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011
Tags: lame, pathetic

Author

nevershoutnever.
nevershoutnever.

Royal Oak, MI



About
I started to write a big paragraph about my life, but who would read it? Emma: thirteen; unable to make decisions; curious; fidgety; OCD - maybe; loving; too caring; kind-heart; humorous; bubbly; t.. more..

Writing