Going Home

Going Home

A Story by nevershoutnever.
"

Short story

"
     I watched as she stumbled over her feet to reach me, "Can't you see how sorry I am? I wasn't thinking, Alan! Please, you know that; don't go, don't leave me."
     Turning around, I snapped at her. "Ryan, go home. It's over now." My black hair stuck to my forehead as the rain pelted us. I tried to get away, she was impossible to lose. One of the things I used to love, how could I have? I scowled when I thought about our pathetic lies that I once had believed were our memories.
     She lunged and held onto my wrist, "No, not until you forgive me! You know I'm sorry. So, so, so, so sorry! Alan, it's us. We're supposed to be. Just us, no one else. Why don't you see that anymore?"
     "What I saw, Ryan, was a lie! Our whole relationship was a lie! You are a lie," I yelled at her, close to her face.
     Ryan's face became a pale red under the giant, grey storm clouds that rolled over us. "It wasn't, you know it wasn't!"
     I closed my eyes and sighed, "Do I?"
     Then, you couldn't tell if the rain coming down on Ryan's face was just the rain or tears that were blending in. If I couldn't tell, she couldn't either. My face felt hot. I knew I had to get out of there. It wasn't healthy. I couldn't go through this, not again. "Ryan," I took her hands together, in mine, and held them to my chest. She looked up at me with adoring eyes. "I'm done. Go home."
     I threw her hands away, towards her, and bolted to my car, sloshing in the muddy grass across the park. Hearing her call after me, I ran even harder. The rain got into my lungs and I coughed, though I kept running. I had to get home. She wasn't worth this. I had to get her off my mind. I was coming home.
     

© 2011 nevershoutnever.


Author's Note

nevershoutnever.
Should I have added more dialogue?
Thoughts?
Suggestiongs?
Comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

@StrawberryHart36- Good wow? And yes, I love that name for a girl, believe it or not ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wait- so the girls name is Ryan?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

woow

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011
Tags: home, breaking up, teen

Author

nevershoutnever.
nevershoutnever.

Royal Oak, MI



About
I started to write a big paragraph about my life, but who would read it? Emma: thirteen; unable to make decisions; curious; fidgety; OCD - maybe; loving; too caring; kind-heart; humorous; bubbly; t.. more..

Writing