A Car Crash Called Love

A Car Crash Called Love

A Poem by Lost, n'MT
"

9th grade poem, she never read it.

"

Look into my eyes and I promise I will show you what you want to see
That the perfect guy you have been looking for all along, is none other than me.
But let me keep it real, I am not perfect, but for you, I am the perfect guy.
That is to say I would treat you like a princess, never cheat, hurt you, or lie.
There's just something about me, that you just can't help but look.
Whether you know it or not, my heart is what you took.
You may know who she is, that is to say, you may know who you are.
But you probably have no clue as I wish for us upon a star.
I've got to be a f*****g man, and I need to do what is right.
But I could never forgive myself, to give you up without a fight.
Your beautiful face, your mesmerizing eyes, and smile so bright.
Thanks to you, I believe that angels exist, for you've shown me the light.
Writing about you right now makes me happy, yet it also makes me sad.
Because you can never be the mommy, and I can never be the dad.
That is to say we can never be together, start a family, or life.
I could never be YOUR man, and you could never be MY wife.
They say two's company and threes a crowd, I guess.
I say my arms are always open, if you ever need to cry on my chest.
Because we're friends and while it can be nothing less, it could be nothing more.
That crushes my heart, that's a handful of times in my life, for those keeping score.
God knows I'm crying and that I would be lying if I didn't say I hope I am wrong.
Because to feel for you what I do so soon, I know it must be powerful and strong.
I hope I'm not the only one who's having these thoughts and feelings, please let me know.
Until the pencil touched this paper, I've done all I practically could, not to let it show.
It hasn't been easy, and I could never tell you what I feel unless I knew you felt the same.
I can't do this, to ruin everything, knowing that I would be the blame.
I need to keep my mouth shut, this s**t is reality, it's not a f*****g game.
It's more than just a spark, when I am near you I feel the warmth of the flame.
I've been running three miles a day and I've been doing it for you.
Each day my muscles grow stronger along with my love for you, which I know to be true.
There's not a f*****g thing for you, that I wouldn't do.
I would give anything just to hear those four words back, "I love you too."
But there's four more words that scare me, that I hope to never hear.
And those four words are "It can never be" as I write this and shed a tear.
There's few great people in this world, I hope to never f**k up and lose ya because I'd miss ya.
Here comes the part where I reveal the identity, but I hope you already knew that ______.
 

© 2019 Lost, n'MT


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

502 Views
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on November 14, 2019

Author

Lost, n'MT
Lost, n'MT

The hidden region of, Antarctica



About
Most of my writings are dark and disturbing. Please avoid reading them if that's something that'd make you feel uncomfortable. It had been cathartic for me to write and share in the past. Feel.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..