Everything Changes

Everything Changes

A Story by Carolina DeSousa

Everything changes.

 It’s impossible to prevent the deterioration of the exposed rocks along the coasts by the strength of the untamed waves. It’s unattainable to remain the same physically and mentally. It’s unfeasible not to discover new paths and pursue new dreams that pulsate on our wild imagination craving for us to let them out.

We can’t live delimited by memories of the past, letting them influence our present as if our feelings remain equal as before.

Dreadful memories should not be forgotten, as it is with them that we learn not to make the same mistakes again. But we cannot let those memories persecute us allied to fear and, we must never let that persuade our determination to live and be happy. Good memories should also not be lost in oblivion, as these memories carry episodes of love, affection, passion, joy and friendship. We should not let them define us.

 Everything always chances when we least anticipated, because in life, we will never be entirely happy or truly sad as things always come back to the middle, as if our moment in time is controlled by a unbiased scale. It will constantly depend for each side the scale will tilt. 

© 2015 Carolina DeSousa


Author's Note

Carolina DeSousa
Since I'm not an english native there might be grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a true statement, in that everything does change, yet you personally have the choice not to change with time...you can always persevere or go with change...a lovely write. I hope you continue your journey in writing in English. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


It's a nice piece of writing that clings onto the idea of change and how it helps a person to grow up and recover through time. Very well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 19, 2015
Tags: thoughts, nonsense, memories, rumblings

Author

Carolina DeSousa
Carolina DeSousa

Portugal



About
Instagram: @caro_desousa Aspirant writer from Portugal. more..

Writing