One of Those people

One of Those people

A Poem by Cassie Potter

The people who didnt care what others thought.
The people who fought,
Fought for what was right.
Who were forced to transition into people who now cry behind closed doors.
Who when they are sad is forced to stand tall and can't let their knees hit the floors.
The people who cant see that they are loved, because they remember all the times they were unloved. The times they were hurt by those who said they loved them...
The people who can't trust because of the person after person who walked out of their lives when they did.
The people who Won't open up because they remember when they were told, "You're just being emotional and Dramatic," and "There's bigger problems in this world, Suck it up."
Those people... who showed themselves, the true them only to get shunned, used, and abused by those who so called cared.
Who couldn't tell anyone because they were afraid.
The people who won't anyone see their tears because of those fears, because Someone was there to tell them, to suck it up.
Those people who grew up too fast,
The people that now, the world is afraid wont last.
The people whose lights are shut inside, because people take advantage of their kindness.
Those who get left behind, Who let others take their crown, while they're left to bow down.
To bow down to the pressures the world puts on them, To leave them standing tall, while on the inside they fall, they crumble.
The people lost in the past,
The sparks in their eyes, almost at a last.
Their hearts shattered like glass, Because of those people they cant leave in the past.
Those people who hurt them still there to keep that pain going.
These people now forever hide their hearts from the world.
One of these people will forever be...
Me...

© 2023 Cassie Potter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on February 6, 2023
Last Updated on February 6, 2023

Author

Cassie Potter
Cassie Potter

Rochester, IN



About
Just a 16 year old trust issue, depression, anxiety ridden female. more..

Writing