New girl

New girl

A Story by Casondra Baerwolf
"

A story about a new girl coming into a new environment when I was having writers block

"

What Life Feels Like Being the New Girl


My name is Molly. I just started my life completely over. You are probably wondering how or why, I had to move, To switch towns. I wish I didn't have to do this because I had so many friends. I was the popular one. Lets see if I stay popular or if my life changes Forever. I miss my old best friends. I was friends with most everyone, but everyone still has their special group that everyone hangs out together in.

I moved to Brookefield High School. I feel so lost without my friends.

Today is my first day at my new school. Lets see what this day brings me.

I am just getting to school. I’m sure glad that my diary looks like a normal notebook. Everyone looked at me as I get to school. As I trudge through the hallways, just staring at the floor while everything begins to be quiet. I can tell that they are just analyzing me and I begin to sweat lightly because  I'm so afraid of what will happen today.

I walk into the main office to a receptionist smiling brightly at me. “Welcome”, she says. I say “Thank you,” and quietly ask for my locker combination.

I end up being by a tallish guy with dark brown hair, pretty fit, nice sparkly chocolate brown eyes. I figure he isn't new because he has tons of boys surrounding him. I barely have enough strength to pull out a “excuse me,”.

I get to my very first class. I’m so lost. I want my old friends, Zoey and Ned and Marissa. I don't know anyone!! Why does everybody have to stare? Haven’t they ever saw someone new  before? I think that the worst thing about that class was that I had to get up in front of the whole class and tell them my name and some things that I liked to do, I guess they think that was supposed to make me feel comfortable but honestly that made everything worse. ALOT WORSE.  I knew in that moment that I wouldn't be sitting by anybody at lunch. I ended up sitting at a table with people but not my type of people I'm used to. I had to sit by those people that just sat around and played video games all day long. Im not into that. They barely noticed me anyhow. I hope my next day of school would be better than the first one for sure.

When school was over i slowly walked home hoping to meet some people but anyone that went past didn't even say “hello” back to me. I wish I was back in my old school for sure right now.

Once I get home I pull out my homework for the day and get started on it. I don't understand my math very well but I try until my mom gets home so that she can help because everyone knows that my dad wouldn't help me one little bit. He would sit there in his chair, sleeping until my mom would get home and then he would leave to go to “his friends”.

I get some dinner and head up to my room to read for a little bit before finally falling asleep wishing that I could sleep forever.

I wake up the next morning and slowly and quietly get dressed making sure I didn't wake either my mom or my dad. Headed downstairs and got my breakfast started which was a nice bowl of oatmeal, with chopped apples and brown sugar. My favorite. I make a nice pot of coffee for my parents.Got my finishing touches on before I left the house to go to school for the day. I honestly think that a slug could have beat me to school that day.

I get to school and head towards my locker. I look down at the floor trying not to disturb anyone. My first class of today is Science, not my favorite subject of the school day but I still get into it enough. I get to class extra early making sure not to that one “late one” that comes in 30 seconds late and everyone stares at. I sit with my head looking down writing some words in my notebook. Some of the kids here might think that I am depressed, and i am to a point but its mostly because i don't have my friends to guide the way for me. I have no one here to love me besides my parents and that doesn't help during the 8 hour school day.

Here we are at lunch again, I don't know what to do. I would try to go sit with some of those pretty blonde girls over there but then the questions race through my mind, What if they get up and move? What if there mean? What if they bully me? What if i'm not good enough? So i just sit by my video game freaks that don't say a single word to me.

In the course of the next few weeks, I guess things get a little better, not much, but a little. I haven't made friends with anyone yet. I still talk to some people when I have to though. I still sit at the nerd table.

I should try to make friends with someone i guess, i can't be a loner forever canIi? I wish that people would let me in. I go to talk to my guidance counselor. She thinks it may be my fault, that i may not be allowing people to be my friend, because I miss and want my old friends so much. Now that i think about it, it may be true.

The next few weeks I have tried to make some friends, which I guess is good. I have one friend so far. Not very close, just someone I can talk to to about stuff. I trust them but I don't know if i can tell them too much.

So later, I start to have more friends after a while. I start to be in a group, with friends that I like. Finally! but guess what? It took an entire year for this to happen. Hopefully when we start the school year next year it will be the same and people wont forget who I am.

During the summer, I hang out with my group of friends like everyday. The weird thing is that, we don't ever get sick of hanging out or we never run out of anything to say. We laugh, and cry together. We help each other through many ups and down. Some of the things we talk about I don't even want to tell my parents.. I still miss my old friends from my old school but definitely like the way this school is. I'm glad I got the opportunity to move here and meet these new people. I used to talk to my old friends everyday when I first moved here but now I don't ever talk to them. I don't necessarily miss them either. This was meant to be. This happens to everyone at one point right? When you have been best friends for a very long time and then just stop being friends. I just got home and my mom seems sad. I ask her what is wrong and she looks at me with a little tear running down her cheek.

“Whats wrong?” I say. That next thing she said made me come crashing down, wondering why. Money of course was our issue. Just when my life at this new school started to look up, it all came crashing down in a minute…

© 2014 Casondra Baerwolf


Author's Note

Casondra Baerwolf
Could you guys possibly review this for me?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it. It seems a bit like the kind of stories I write, an experience you have lived so can 'channel' when you write. Some famous author somewhere once said "Write what you know" and this felt very real.
Keep going, like me we will one day write well almost by accident.

Posted 1 Month Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014

Author

Casondra Baerwolf
Casondra Baerwolf

Waterloo, WI



About
Im very passionate about my writing. I would like to become a journalist one day. My biggest loves are my family, friends, pets, and of course my writing. I let out all my emotions into my writing and.. more..

Writing