Word Vomit #3

Word Vomit #3

A Poem by Catherine Macatangay
"

talking to myself, as usual

"

I’ve been feeling better these days. It’s -- interesting. Interesting because other people see it, too. People even congratulate me on my apparent happiness. I’m a bit scared. I know happiness is fleeting, just like all the other emotions. This feels different from “happiness” though. Should I say it feels more like “security”? I feel better -- with myself, with the person I am, and the person I see in the mirror. I’ve never experienced this feeling before. It almost feels like a high. Euphoria? I don’t owe this to myself entirely. The kindness of the people around me and their patience has taught me to be gentler with myself. 

 

            I’m still tired. I’m still lost. I have a lot to do and a lot to figure out, especially career-wise and with school. But I feel better. I’m taking that. 

 

            I’ve been slacking at the gym for the past few weeks or so. I blame the cold weather and the holiday season with all the carbs and sweets. (Excuses, of course.) I haven’t not gone, I just haven’t been as adamant and consistent as before. I’ll get back to it. 

 

            January is coming. January’s been a rough month for me for the past few years. No idea why. But I’m aware of it now, so maybe I can stray from the self-fulfilling prophecy a little bit… It makes me a little anxious, though. 

 

I didn’t expect the last few months of 2018 to be so experiential, but it’s definitely developed my character. I’d go into detail but I’m feeling a bit revved up from the two iced coffees I had earlier today. I’ll be boarding a plane in the next 30 minutes or so. Gonna try to make the most of this impromptu trip to San Francisco! Haven’t been in a while. 

 

This may or may not be my last post for the year, so. Til next time. 

 

With love,

Catherine

© 2018 Catherine Macatangay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
Added on December 29, 2018
Last Updated on December 29, 2018

Author

Catherine Macatangay
Catherine Macatangay

About
i write to relieve 22 / infp-isfp studying media production and psychology i treasure kindness and humility more..

Writing