Panic

Panic

A Poem by Georgia C-D
"

It's about my panic attack today

"

My throat begins to seize, my chest to tighten. My breathing quickens and my hands start to shake. My heart is pounding and my head is aching. The leg turned into a battlefield by my razor blade starts to sing, telling me I’m worthless. The chatter of my class mates echoes around me, pointless talking about their weekends, their favourite movies. None of them know that the girl sitting on a high stool at the first bench on the right side, alone, is having a panic attack. That she’s starting to see the things around her as weapons she can utilise on herself. That her mind is growing darker with each second. None of them know the pain she is feeling inside. The burning desire to die. I am in pain. Searing, aching destructive pain. Every second hurts. Every laugh from my class, any smiles from my former best friend kill me even more so. My hands freeze on the keyboard. I can’t go through with this. I can’t keep up with this charade in maths or science it’s just NOT GOING TO LAST. The people around me are getting louder and my heart is beating faster.

HEART RACING

HEAD POUNDING

BODY PANICKING

© 2015 Georgia C-D


Author's Note

Georgia C-D
What do you think of this short?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015
Tags: panic, attack, panic attack, anxiety, distress, self harm

Author

Georgia C-D
Georgia C-D

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia



About
Hi, hey, hello. I'm really bad at introductions but apparently they're compulsory, so here we go. My name is Georgia, I turn 14 this July. I live in Australia and I want someone to write poems a.. more..

Writing