Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
On a Mountaintop

On a Mountaintop

A Story by Carlos Diaz
"

Looking out into the horizon and falling into the Universe.

"
I stood at what felt like the end of the Earth. The horizon felt so close. I was reluctant to inch forward for fear of falling off the edge. The Sun began to fade and the Moon rose in response.
As the wind caressed my face, loose gravel swept across my naked feet. It was a soft breeze. One that slowly carried the moon up into the sky. One that rocked me, back and forth, as my gaze fell onto infinity.
Being on a mountain top brought the Universe within reach. At that elevation, I felt like I could get a solid footing on the clouds that filled the valley below.
My eyes wandered and my jaw dropped. I threw my head back and drank in what the Universe had to offer.
As a result of my climb, I had fallen into the sky and was swimming among the stars. Jupiter was much too large to palm. I reached for Saturn and caressed it's rings tenderly. Tenderly in the way you'd run the back of your fingers across the cheek of a newborn child.
Despite being far from Earth, I felt at home because I am a child of the Universe.

© 2016 Carlos Diaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You had me on the mountaintop, I've been there. i like the change up into the universe. Well done

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on January 26, 2016
Last Updated on January 26, 2016
Tags: space, universe, clouds, sun, moon, mountain

Author

Carlos Diaz
Carlos Diaz

Philadelphia, PA



About
I was born and raised in LA. I live in Philly. Outside of writing, I am into fitness and dance salsa professionally. I look forward to connecting with everyone! more..

Writing