Leisure Pilipinas Style

Leisure Pilipinas Style

A Poem by Cece
"

Nothing is as it seems. This is my Tintatanaw.

"

 

 
Is it nothing more than lounging?
Pick your food from the trees
The other food swims by in a stream
 
Nothing goes to waste except time
Time continues to stream by
As the fish not caught
 
 

© 2008 Cece


Author's Note

Cece
Nothing is as it seems. I didn�t think I was going to have to explain it. I wanted to paint a picture a better life to offset the strife that besieges us now. Paint a short picture a perfect tropical paradise was a goal I wanted to seek.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Posted 16 Years Ago


your picture is painted...i love the piece...someone critisizes too much...but you show what tropical paradise would be like...and that is, i believe, your intention...nothing goes to waste...i love this piece...you are an amazing writer honey...i hope all works out the 13th of march...take care of yourself is number one of course...love to you always...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oo, kaginhawahan without the "g". Nothing is as it seems. I didn't think I was going to have to explain it. I wanted to paint a picture a better life to offset the strife that besieges us now. Paint a short picture a perfect tropical paradise was a goal I wanted to seek. When a member of the family is just making it though with capable living with her own businesses. Not a perfect living but just getting by. Her competition sets on her and sets her up with entrapment and was arrested by NBI. She has been in jail for 6 months on setup charges. Justice system is not like that of the states where you are presumed innocent and get bail before the hearings. Jail in the Philippines is not the same as in the states where everything you get in jail (soap, food, paying for hearings) must be paid for. With her in jail her income has stopped. There is where the family must attempt to help her in this case. It is an awful load for the family to carry, when hearings cost 1,000 pesos alone. Then my mom's tatay died beginning this year, funerals must also be paid for. Prays must be said. The house and land the taxes must be paid. As they said not to overuse a pun, when it rains it pours. And too my cousin has indicated in order that she may be able to keep her job she must date her boss. She is the only one working in the immediate family of 9. But as it is as long as there is family no one will starve. I too have suffered my nanay died more than three years ago. I did not take it well, it was she almost like my own mother. I was to attempt suicide from the heavy depression I felt. Even now sadness can take me and overwhelm me. So you see the more positive I can be the better life to turn things around for this family. Pray that this March 3rd the hearings go well and she is released from jail finally. That is my Tintatanaw. .. (hearing is delayed to the 13th, one of the complainers has disappeared)

Posted 16 Years Ago


kaginghawahan? Maybe. I think a little help on the English and its a cute little piece which makes you dream of those tropical islands and an ideal life. paraiso. but, none of my filipino friends have such lives, sadly...

Is it nothing more than lounging?
Pick(ing) your food from the trees
(More) food swimms by in a stream
Nothing goes to waste except time
Time continues to stream by
As the fish (are) not caught

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on February 26, 2008

Author

Cece
Cece

VA



About
Posting travel log http://c3c3o757.wordpress.com/ Link to Living in the Philippines am i so easy for the soldiers and sailors i feel for every man who comes along my heart goes out to all the men.. more..

Writing
cleavage cleavage

A Poem by Cece



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Karaoke Karaoke

A Poem by Cece