Envy

Envy

A Story by Grenouille Rousse
"

Personified emotions

"

    Envy has everything she needs, but nothing she wants.  She loves Support, but he's with Contentment.  Envy looks to Contentment and Confidence and sees much better people than herself.  They are both very sure of themselves and know who they are, unlike the relationship Envy has with herself.  To her, they look prettier, dress in better outfits, and have stronger personalities.  Envy despises the twins Vanity and Arrogance, for not only are they great at everything, but they make sure everyone knows it.  Envy loves it when Vanity and Arrogance are proven to be second-best, though they try to redeem themselves by gloating about something else.

     Envy dresses in mere hand-me-down clothes from her friend Want, who is always shopping for more.  Envy, Want, and Jealousy are all best friends.  In their spare time, they wander around the mall, saying, "if I only had this" and "how I wish I could look like that".  Envy is the calmest of the three, discussing things she admires in others compared to her.  She is always complimenting her fellow students, and then puts herself down, right in front of them.  Envy has big, scintillating green eyes that make her appear to be begging for something.  Her bottom lip is big from pouting and her skin is wrinkled between her eyebrows from so many expressions.  She tries her hardest to dress like her peers, but the hand-me-downs are not exactly the same.

    Envy is never good enough for herself.  Sadly, no one seems to help build her confidence except Support.  Everyone loves him... but Envy believes she loves him the most, more than Contentment.  When Envy is down, Support always notices and tries to tell her that she is great, just the way she is.  But the fact that he does the same for everyone, not just her, makes her angry.  She longs for him, but the feeling is not mutual.

    Envy has convinced herself that she is ugly, but what she is completely unaware of is that she is truly beautiful, inside and out.

© 2012 Grenouille Rousse


Author's Note

Grenouille Rousse
Sorry if there's any mistakes, and that it ends kind of abruptly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on May 20, 2012
Last Updated on May 20, 2012
Tags: envy, emotions, jealousy, want

Author

Grenouille Rousse
Grenouille Rousse

About
Hello! I'm Grenouille Rousse :) I love drawing, music, writing, and art in general. I'd like to think that I'm a good actress but I guess I'm not :/ Though that doesn't really matter. I write all .. more..

Writing