In Your Extravagance

In Your Extravagance

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Every whispered strain of you…

"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Secrets only you can give

where dreams and dragons fiercely live…

  

Every whispered strain of you

is extravagance in their brilliant hues…

 

Invite us in to take a seat

to taste your bitter and your sweet…

 

For you are unquenchable fires

yielding yourself in ravenous desires…

 

Gilded treasures held within

now locked away in your softing skin…

 

My fingers caress your key

please yield your sweet world to me…

© 2012 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a sweet magniff write, that is sincere and beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A mystery for the taking if one can just find the way. A beautiful and vivid poem. Awesome, really.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow! I love this poem, every of the lines are nothing but powerful. Especially as the every line i read stocked vivid onto my mind. I love the introductory line most, it made me picture the fancy world in our dreams. How it immerse our emotions with existence and the ensuing charade is just what we never want to end. This poem is short but powerful, thank you for letting us cup out a quenching taste out of your bardy stream.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is crafted so wonderfully. "Gilded treasures held within now locked away in your softing skin…" This is my favorite line! You know that feeling when you are reading something and there is a defined moment. For me, one line clicks recognition inside of me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this poem demonstrates your skill in poetry. nicely executed, the imagery and word choice is perfect. the last stanza concludes it oh so well, that is my favorite line.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A sweet write..too bad that in rael life we have to eat a pound or sugar with a pound of salt..God bless..Kathie

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very beautiful and skillfully written poem. Such lovely imagery in this, it brings out the uniqueness of this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Craig, this is stunningly gorgeous. "Gilded treasures held within... now locked away in your softing skin." That's so marvelously romantic, it makes me pine for a thing I have never known. You evoke the spirit of love and belonging with such fantastically decadent imagery that it leaves the reader completely in awe of you. Of your words. .. I loved this, each couplet was pristine and so blissful, airy and elegant. Such a beautiful soul and imagination you possess... brilliant poetry.

Krys

Posted 11 Years Ago


Powerful, beautiful imagery. Finely penned. A cool write. Excellent work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Each word magically woven, excellent read and write.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1280 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..