3 Stories

3 Stories

A Story by Chadvonswan
"

...

"

One time in my life I experienced an event that made me question my existence. I was standing on the beach, considering killing myself, when a looming shadow crossed above and all at once there was a impossible splash in the water. The wind covered the screams like a blanket, and the sky opened up.




Harold suggested a movie. I flinched at the mention. His smile lingered in question, and his eyes looked at everything and nothing.

Why, sure, Harold.”

I'll see you then.” Harold's dog leashed him away.

I wish he could see me. I don't want to have to explain everything that's happening in the movie to him.




There's a moonlit breeze above the roofs, swaying my body drunkenly. I stare down at all the people in shame. A pigeon lands by my foot on the ledge. It was bleeding out of its eye. It purred like a cat and flew away. Tonight, I have wings, too. I took a step and purred.





© 2014 Chadvonswan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome! You definitely put a lot of effort into it. I think you should change it to a poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heya Chadvonswan!

Thanks for the entry, I appreciate the effort, if you've seen the other entries you may be aware that this is CLOSE to being a submission, but not quite. The competition clearly states there must be 5-10 stories and here I have only 3. Don't worry you're now one of 3 to make a similar mistake, perhaps the rules of the competition were not spelled out clearly enough. Each of the pieces are great, though incredibly fragmented (save the 2nd which is pure gold). I'll see how the other entries come in, you may place simply by being one of the closest to having an actual submission. Otherwise feel free to inbox me another two stories and I will treat it as a complete piece!

Best of luck with the future, and keep up the good work!

-Robin

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like the experimentation here. Especially the last, so odd and short, and extraordinary.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The first one is a poem, and so is the last one. The middle one is a story, very subtle, very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Leave the last one as is
The first one maybe a poem or a short short story the second one is like you to elaborate :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2014
Last Updated on April 3, 2014

Author

Chadvonswan
Chadvonswan

The West, CA



About
CHADVONSWAN = MAX REAGAN [What's Write is Right] My book of short stories.. http://www.lulu.com/shop/max-reagan/thoughts- of-ink/paperback/product-22122339.html more..

Writing
Knot Knot

A Poem by Chadvonswan


For: For:

A Poem by Chadvonswan


Neon Noon Neon Noon

A Story by Chadvonswan