Disco

Disco

A Story by Chadvonswan
"

..

"
The concert made both of their ears ache in deafening harmony, a holy mantra of static lingered in the caves of their heads. The music was great, though, it was raw, it was loud, uncensored and obnoxiously sublime. Although there were an abundance of fans and fields weird people, they were still able to have a good time, dancing among everyone, their bodies singing along to the rhythm of the drums, fingers flapping wildly in synchronicity to the echoing guitar strings, bending and screaming and twisting. The music made them lose control, yet  they felt alive, they felt like jumping up on the stage with the musicians, just give me a guitar and I can play along, I can bend the strings as well, I can sing this song, just put me on the stage with you, I know all of your songs, d****t, let me play with you.
Someone handed Ben a smelly spliff and he puffed it with great interest, often interrupted by people bouncing into him harmoniously with the wave of the influential music. Or maybe it was just all of the beer and weed that were turning all of these people into moronic individuals. He felt the change the smoke had created inside of him, it altered his perception like fog on a window, he breathed in chords and danced with his girl Suzi, who had a great a*s, and he noticed the change spill out onto her as well. Her face twisted in the morphing shadows, the flashing fluorescence made her appear ghostly and dead. 
People all around pushing into each other. Idiotic, puffed chested men attempted to flirt with Suzi. This made Ben feel uncomfortable, yet he did nothing to intervene. He would slowly back away and let the conversation take its course. The thing that bothered Ben was that he knew Suzi wouldn't look back to find Ben and fall back on him, no, she would flirt back, that was what bothered Ben, as he backed away and watched them trade giggles. He backed right into another quiff gal, a broad of about two decades, turned to apologize and found the girl to be aesthetically pleasing to his envious libido. Ben felt stoned out of his mind, literally the music had melted his eardrums and, red-faced, he was spilling hot wax onto the vibrating floor. 
The girl looked at Ben and she opened her mouth to say something but someone bumped into her and she jolted forward and nudged Ben slightly but Ben didn't say anything and neither did the girl. He looked up at the ceiling and noticed a disco ball. 
Ben turned to the girl, found that she was already staring at him, which made it easier for him to say, “What if that fell?”
She looked up to where he pointed. Her eyes searched for the object at the tip of his fingers sight and once she found it, whatever interest in the conversation faded away from her face, melted onto the ground with Ben's waxy jealousy. 
“Are you talking about the disco ball?”
“Yes.”
“You're weird.”
Ben was surprised, and oddly relieved for some reason, because this mysterious (Blonde? Brunette?) girl had flashed her teeth to him. What an odd form of sexual communication, the showing of the teeth. Ben laughed.
“What's so funny?”
“Nothing. What's your name?”
“I won't tell you until you tell me what is so funny.”
“I was thinking how weird it is that people flash their teeth to communicate sexually.”
“You think I'm communicating sexually with you?”
“Yes, I can see it in your eyes. Look around, its in everyone's eyes. Especially the women.” Ben turned to look at Suzi, but he couldn't find her.
“My God, you're right.”
“Yep.”
“Do you want to go sit down? My feet ache.”
“Sure.”

An hour later, when Ben and the girl in the crowd were finishing having sex in the bathroom, Suzi was finishing the bartender off with her throat behind the bar. Once done, she stood up and spit, asked for the shot promised to her, it was poured and she downed it, drowned the traces of the bartenders seminal values in gasoline, and walked away, ashamed. 
In the crowd she searched for Ben, hoping that he would be standing right there waiting for her patiently, swaying to the music. She felt too stoned. She felt scared and humiliated, and the music was too loud, and she felt a negative stir in the air, the band played a heavier themed song, and in the middle of the crowd was a frenzy of people jumping and thrashing against each other. This growing circle of madness grew as more people jumped in, people backed away and pushed others down and Suzi felt a wave of anxiety swell through her.
She looked up at the balcony on the second floor, saw a fat couple f*****g against the railing, and simultaneously filming it with their cellphones. This disgusted Suzi, and she looked around and realized that sex was in everyone's eyes, everybody around her stirred in chaos looking for someone to f**k, looking for some way to get off, she felt like she was going to puke, but instead she passed out.


Back on the floor, Ben looked for Suzi, but got distracted by a fat couple f*****g against the railing on the second floor balcony. They were filming each other as they were doing it, and this disgusted Ben in such a great way, that he could not take his eyes away from the public obscenity. Ben hated those two primates f*****g each other and filming each other, that he stared directly at them in the middle of the dancing crowd, stared right up at them with a scowl and concentrated on the fat a*s holding the phone and said in the vacancy of his mind, Drop the phone, over and over again, drop the phone, drop the phone, drop the phone, but instead, to everyone's surprise, including Ben's, the disco ball fell through the vibrating air and fell with a dull bang on someones head and caused a series of screams to erupt not on pace at all with the music.

© 2014 Chadvonswan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I felt like I was there, as if I was sitting on a bar stool and witnessing everything
Very creative as always my friend!


Posted 9 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

Thank you good sir!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014

Author

Chadvonswan
Chadvonswan

The West, CA



About
CHADVONSWAN = MAX REAGAN [What's Write is Right] My book of short stories.. http://www.lulu.com/shop/max-reagan/thoughts- of-ink/paperback/product-22122339.html more..

Writing
Knot Knot

A Poem by Chadvonswan


For: For:

A Poem by Chadvonswan


Neon Noon Neon Noon

A Story by Chadvonswan