Salad For Breakfast

Salad For Breakfast

A Story by Chadvonswan
"

Shhh

"
Italian Dressing teases and semi-fluidifies the capsules in the pill salad, makes it easier to swallow. Danika sat at the table and contemplated her midmorning meal. Outside the window she watched her husband David carry a swollen garbage bag to the dumpster. How she despised him. In the oblong cereal bowl she studied the contents with hope for a new chemical arrival to disrupt her regular processes, praying that the small multicolored pills would transport her to a near cloud of bliss, one that did not include her husband. 
She picked up her spoon and and scooped a mouthful of amphetamines and other synthetics and stared at it, comparing the pills to essential vitamins. Essential was the key word in her mind. It was essential that she did this. The previous night she had researched effective suicide methods on her Kindle while David masturbated to mobile porn in the bathroom. She had heard the muffled slaps of self pleasure seep from under the closed door. How she despised him. 
Even now, as she took the first bite of her midmorning breakfast, she scowled at him through the window as he bent to pick up the newspaper in his baggy, self depraving, semen stained sweatpants. She moved the pills around her mouth with her tongue playfully; the Italian dressing had been a good idea, for it added a sweet tart to her last meal. The front door opened and David walked in. He took the Sundaynewspaper out of its plastic bag and sat across from Danika. She watched his eyes whirl around the tiny inked news. He coughed obnoxiously and she swallowed the contents in her mouth. It was easy for Danika to smile at Davids presence, because she knew she wouldn't have to put up with it anymore soon enough. 
"Don't you want some coffee, David?" 
He shuffled the newspaper in response. She stood up from the table, felt her stomach twist to accommodate the fresh pile of pills, and poured David a cup of coffee. 
"Could you put a new trash bag in the trash can, Danika?" 
Danika felt her neck tense. She sat back at the table without a response. David looked at her for the first time this morning. She picked up her spoon and took another bite of her salad. 
"Did you hear what I said?" 
"Why don't you do it? You were the one who took out the trash." 
David set folded the newspaper and set it in front of him. He opened his mouth to say something but his tongue fell out and landed on the paper. Danika laughed with glee and stared at the motionless dead organ as it soaked the newspaper. His mouth was moving, but he wasn't aware that his tongue had fallen out of his stupid face and Danika could only make out vowel-less groans. She began to laugh hysterically as Davids teeth one by one spilled out of the hole in his face and bounced off the table. Like little rocks. 
David stood up and looked at her. She could tell that he was not amused. His brows furrowed down onto his eyes and they looked at her from deep crater. He began to yell, and she laughed even more. She began to choke on unhindered laughter as his eyes fell back into his skull, leaving his sockets empty holes. He stood and walked to the side of her and screamed, and she felt the air around her thin, her vision blurred, as if looking through tears. She rubbed her eyes. Davids eyeballs slipped out of his toothless orifice and fell in her salad. She scooped one up with the spoon and shot it across the room. 
Then the walls faded and the color dripped from the ceiling. David dissolved before her, and the room turned pale. Just an empty cube. She blinked. She still sat in the chair. She blinked again. The table materialized before her, or had it been there all along? The bowl was gone, though. She giggled. Was she dead? She didn't know. All she was aware of was the table before her and the taste of Italian dressing in her mouth.

© 2015 Chadvonswan


Author's Note

Chadvonswan
A Brief Semi Morbid (odd?) Story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Laughter before death, how exquisite.

That was definitely something novel, seeing death creeping in not from the perspective of the person who sees another dying, but from the perspective of the protagonist. You have a very vivid imagination!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hahaha loved the oddity and unexpected twist in this story! Not sure if that really happens to Dave, or if we are seeing things unfold through Danika's eyes as she feels the effects of the pill? Either way, it's odd and fun to read! Thanks for sharing.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Haha, this was awesome. Def unique and different. Super interesting to read, totally dig it

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you brought your shovel along on this inky excavation. Thanks for reading you Super Tramp (.. read more
I don't know if this disturbed me, made me sad, or entertained me. It was definitely interesting though.
Good job.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ariana Omnomnom

9 Years Ago

Um....possibly...who's asking...
Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

Chadvonswan
Ariana Omnomnom

9 Years Ago

Well no....
great, man. I wound up not hating anyone.

david sounds like me, or a version of. will have to avoid.

good tale from the fewtch. stories about poisonings must be fun as s**t to write. will have to take crack (at)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

Yeaah man, its fun s**t to write when your taking a s**t. I mean, s**t. Try it sometime
thanks.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

593 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2014
Last Updated on March 7, 2015

Author

Chadvonswan
Chadvonswan

The West, CA



About
CHADVONSWAN = MAX REAGAN [What's Write is Right] My book of short stories.. http://www.lulu.com/shop/max-reagan/thoughts- of-ink/paperback/product-22122339.html more..

Writing
Knot Knot

A Poem by Chadvonswan


For: For:

A Poem by Chadvonswan


Neon Noon Neon Noon

A Story by Chadvonswan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..