Fishing

Fishing

A Story by Chadvonswan

The moon was magnificent outside; a swollen red. She finally caught her breath after disposing of Harry's body at the pier �" hard work for a woman, messy work, yet work that she enjoyed. She had wrapped poor, handsome Harry up in a sleeping bag she found in his closet, where she was rummaging through his files and personal contents looking for the one paper that she needed. She didn't find it.

The calm after the storm. It had stopped raining on her drive down in Harry's car. She was worried about ruining her dress in the rain, and thanked whatever God there was when the downpour ceased.

On the pier she had dragged Harry wrapped in his bag of eternal sleep to the very end of the dock. She had passed a few Mexican fisherman with their lines tossed over the pier into the calm waters. They looked at her with interested faces, curious thoughts, wondering what the hell this beautiful senorita was doing at 2 am in a fashionable red dress and heels dragging a heavy sleeping bag across the planks of the pier. She remembered the looks on their faces. She said something about tuna to them but they didn't understand her. They don't speak English.

At the end of the pier she dropped the body bag and leaned against the rail and stared into the black water, where she tried to catch her breath, worried instead she might catch a cold before the Mexicans caught their dinner.

The moon was silent tonight. It was always silent. She waited for it to make a noise, to scream at her, to scold her for her actions, her wrong doings. But this is the only way to make it right, she thought. This is the only way for her to get back at the men who had done her wrong. She hated men, the b******s, after what they had done to her sister. The moon was silent. She lifted her chin up to it in the cold, the salty breeze numbing her frenzied thoughts, and said, “I am a lunatic.”

Harry was a fat a*s. She could barely get his body over the pier without straining her back, without pulling a muscle in her beautiful neck, without popping a seam in her dress. She was about to give up, Harry was just too heavy for her. But a voice in her head made her continue. It was the pleading voice of her sisters screams, the desperation in her words to save her, Save me, Violet, please! Please, please �" NO, PLEASE �"

She got the bag up on the railing of the pier, she had used the strength in all of her body to lift the b*****d up. She held the bag firmly, resting it on the safety rail that surrounded the pier. It was soaked, she thought from the rain when she had dragged him to the car �" it was still raining then, but the sleeping bag was not drenched in rain, whatever it was stuck to her hands and smeared her precious dress. And then she remembered the gaping hole above Harry's Adam's apple.

After a few final words (explicit), she released Harry from her grip, and allowed his dead weight to pull him to the calm black waters. She didn't watch him fall; her eyes were distracted by the moon, and how glorious it looked, how absolutely beautiful it looked: swollen red.

After the splash, Harry's body was consumed by the waves, swallowed by the ocean, lost forever. Nobody would find him. She walked back down the pier, towards his car, satisfied, but her stomach still felt empty. Her heart was still silent, and her brain was still screaming at her to find the rest of them.

She passed the Mexican fisherman.

Violet said, “I would move over there if I were you,” she pointed towards the end of the pier. “The fish are really biting over there.”

In Harry's car, Violet caught her breathe. She opened his wallet again and studied the contents. She took out the first card that caught her eye: a pink card. She read it. Midnite Mint. It's already past two, she thought. I wonder if they're still open. She started the ignition, reversed, and drove east towards town under the steady bloodshot eye of the moon.

© 2015 Chadvonswan


Author's Note

Chadvonswan
The middle of the story-unfinished. (Send me some more Bridge)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, you're good.

I like the way you write a lot.
A lot, a lot.

Like the same way kindergartners with crushes like each other.

You're great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

Kindergarten love is the most passionate. Hahahah, thanks a lot Miss Omnomnom (:
Ariana Omnomnom

9 Years Ago

Lol don't call me that it's weird ;P
Damn, callin me out on the café, makin my a*s accountable (;

Posted 9 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

Do it Bridge man (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 13, 2015
Last Updated on February 13, 2015

Author

Chadvonswan
Chadvonswan

The West, CA



About
CHADVONSWAN = MAX REAGAN [What's Write is Right] My book of short stories.. http://www.lulu.com/shop/max-reagan/thoughts- of-ink/paperback/product-22122339.html more..

Writing
Knot Knot

A Poem by Chadvonswan


For: For:

A Poem by Chadvonswan


Neon Noon Neon Noon

A Story by Chadvonswan