the story

the story

A Story by chance2

  Jason smelt in the cool sent of the dark red leaves around him. Trees glistened in the setting sun and birds sung their songs. Jason smiled as he realized how beautiful it was around him. "Its few times that you really forget everything for a second and realize how beautiful a bunch of trees and a setting sun really are", Jason mused silently. He looked down at the drawing that sat in his lap.A drawing could be anything, and express anything. But the trick was, could you make someone smell it? Jason sighed and got up, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. Twigs snapped as he walked though the trees and a beam of sunshine passed through the canopy of leaves and passed over his eyes. He squinted as the beam of light was there and then gone. He had thought he could see something moving ,but he blamed it on the yellow spots still fading from his sight. He could see the rode as he climbed the little hill where he had came down.The smell of brakes hung in the air from a screeching car moving towards his house.He recognized the sound of his moms old truck and looked down in the direction of his house. He had came down here because his mom told him that she had to go do something in town. He had nothing else to do, so he decided that he had spent enough days in his room reading. "A little fresh air never hurt anyone you know." his mother would tell him. But she wasn't supposed to be back for another two hours.His breath caught as he heard a twig snap behind him and then he was on the ground pushed by someone running at full speed by the feel of the impact. By instinct he grabbed the person and twisted. He raised a hand to hit the attacker but looking down he held still, then let his hand drop completely and fell back to the ground. A devious smile peered down on him as he groaned holding his shoulder.her eyes burned with alacrity and her short brown hair was filled with leaves."that hurt Alonsa!"Jason complained still writhing on the ground."oh, you big baby. you know, you didn't call me all summer and refused to return my calls. so I said, ok fine, maybe he has some stuff going on, but then on the first day of our last year of high school you have the nerve to treat me like you don't even know me!" she breathed heavily after the long sentence and pushed her hair behind her ear."well?" she pushed herself up and looked down at him awaitingly."uhhhhh..." she squinted her eyes at him contemplating and then lashed her fist out, punching him in the stomach." you know Jason , your a real jerk.If you don't want to see me again thats fine!"  "wait, Alonsa please come back... im sorry." He didn't know what he was really sorry for after she tackled him, but it seemed the right thing to say. She looked over her shoulder disapprovingly at him. disapprovingly! after he had apologized, what did she want him to say? Did she ever think that maybe he had more important things going on then talking to her?he frowned slightly.he didn't really mean that.he really did like Alonsa and never meant to hurt her, but things had happened that summer that he didn't even want to think about.

        she was still looking at him when he walked over to her. she was short but probably had enough muscle to beat him in a fight. her light green eyes caught the sun and shined like a star through her hair."Alonsa, I really am sorry.You know, I shoulda called.Its just , well its hard to explain. some stuff happened to my dad and then these..." Jason let out a puff of air as alonsa grabbed on to him.At first he was about to push her back thinking she was trying to tackle him again, but he looked down instead.She was hugging him him with her head to his chest.it didn't seem like her at all. he had tried holding her hand once when they were children and it ended with him holding an icepack to his jaw.
She had always just been a friend."Alonsa, are you ok?"she looked up and gave him a small smile."of course im fine." she said faintly.She grabbed his hand and pulled him to start walking by her." c'mon lets go over to your house and we can talk about what happened this summer and catch up.You can make me something to eat, I'm starving.Its the least you could do after not calling me." If Jason knew her at all, she must of gone crazy.
           
           They walked slowly back to the road talking about school and what classes they had. the setting sun was just about to meet the horizon as they started walking down the hill to jasons house.A man weed eating his yard made a grassy smell fill the air and Alonsa coughed as they ran past the cloud of dust and grass. something was definitely different about Alonsa though.Jason just couldn't guess why.As they walked up to his house jason looked at his mothers old truck.the driver door was left wide open and it was still running. Jason ran to the car and turned the key shutting the engine off.He got out slowly and closed the door."who left the car on?"Alonsa asked woriedly." I have absolutely no idea." he walked over to the front porch wondering if his mother was alright. As Jason went to open the house door his hand flung away from the handle.Jasons heart started to beat faster." there's something wrong." Jason blurted out. he opened the door and ran inside."what do you mean Jason?"Alonsa asked following him "mom? are you here? mom?! " Jason,tell me whats going on!" Alonsa demanded." there , there was blood smeared all over the door handle. didn't you see it?" "no, I followed you through when you ran in, so i didn't have chance to look.maybe she just had a bloody nose?" "then where is she? I will go look in her room, you go to the garage and look.she nodded in agreement and then went off. jason ran to his mothers room looking in the bed at the far side of the room. she wasn't there but as jason turned to leave he saw the note that they had goten at the start of summer from the people that had taken his father. jason walked over and picked it up looking at the insignia at the botom of the page.Then he read it again ,as he had a hundred times, trying to figure out what it meant. It read:

      Dear ms. Hunnigan
             We regret to inform you mr. Adam Hunnigan failed his testing at 2:54 on the morning of
    july 8th while the cause of death is unknown. the provided testing expenses will be sent to you.

                sincerely,
           Lamine Escavall


     "That was all that we got", Jason thought quietly.After the night they took him they told me I couldent speak to him until he completed his testing. The man that left the number to call, the one that took him away.He said he worked for a special program. Jason could never seem to remember the name, it was something simple but he could never get it. After a week of calling the number and getting the same reply, Jasons mother tried to file a police report of what had happened but when she told them what they did the line would always drop dead. Jason blinked, his head ached. looking for someone...? " mom!, are you here?" Jason ran out of the room and down the hallway to the garage. As he got to the garage he heard a short scream. Alonsa was calling for him in the kitchen." jason , she was just laying there," Jason looked down at his mother sprawled on the ground like she just fell from nothing. her wrist was bleeding and a pool of blood was on the ground. she smelt wrong, almost unexplainable. some kind of chemical maybe,Jasons eye twitched. that smell was almost familiar. he bent down and took his mothers head in his hands."mom, you have to get up.Please, tell me what happened." he softly shook her head. she moved her head slightly and then her eyes sprang open."ja-jason gu-get out of here. she coughed violently and a spray of blood shot out of her mouth. Jason trembled now, panic in his face."mom, i cant, please what happened? whats going on, tell me who did this !? Alonsa sat in shock at the table. Jasons mother pointed crookedly to the door." th-there going to t-take you, leave now. please, leave. I'll be fine." a knock came from the door"go, now! there here.Jason felt like a train wreck inside his head.Things are so easy to understand if you could just filter everything fast enough.explanation is key but to which locks, and at what time? Jason blinked, go now ? how could he leave? he slowly walked one of the drawers in the kitchen. looking down at it he slowly pulled it out."what are you doing Jason?" Alonsa asked quietly"nothing, you should leave now. go back home." alonsa glared at him defiantly. Jason pulled out a steak knife and closed the drawer slowly."jason don't be stupid." " shut up Alonsa! look at my mom, look at what they did! they took my dad to , my entire family is ruined. I will willingly end my life to repay them for that..."  Alonsa looked both hurt and sad. the front door opened and Jason slowly mad his way to the corner of the front hallway.

© 2012 chance2


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

chance2
chance2

CA



About
more..

Writing
prolouge prolouge

A Story by chance2