first story :D

first story :D

A Story by chance2
"

something fast for my first writing on this site. A start to a fantasy story

"
In the forest of Dagwood, darkness had already claimed the night but off in the depths of the forest a candle light flicked slowly. Ivan sat cloaked wearing a sword sitting at the stump of a large oak tree, reading a old journal. his head nonchalantly bobbed from side to side, occasionally turning a page. A long soft screech of a owl rang out through the forest but the man paid no mind to the creature. A chill ran down his neck and now he lifted his head. he looked around him as if he could see everything  at once. concern filled Ivans eyes , but not fear... it had been so long since he had felt fear. A soft breeze russeld the leaves and then the forest was quiet, waiting in anticipation for something wicked to happen.
      Again a screech shot through the forest but it was not the screech of a owl . more vile calls answered the first and they continued  to both get closer and more anxious.the man stood up now closing his eyes and mumbling something to himself, holding a chain with a round piece of silver at the end. He unsheathed his sword . It was a part of him now, it hadn't always been, but he was a different man now.
he could hear them getting closer. leaves crunched and branches snapped as they approached . A beast sprang through the dark, into the candle light, growling savagely. it looked like a mix of a dog and a bull, its eyes were blood red with short horns on its head. It tried to leap forward,it was so close to finishing the hunt but it was held back by something. it cried and turned its head as if it was in pain. more of beasts ran up to the man but they stayed a good distance away circling him. Ivan grimaced as he looked at them, he new what was coming .ash hounds never hunt without the shadow keeper.  horrible masters of oblivion. most men fear a encounter with one of them more than meeting the reaper himself  but now Ivan was about to face not only the shadow keeper but a full pack of ash hounds..... 

© 2012 chance2


Author's Note

chance2
This is my first story here and im hoping to improve very much. I don't know much about writing but i do have fun doing it and love to read so this site looked perfect to me. i look forward to learning from others here and reading your story's . please comment and tell me how to make my writing better :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very nice story! Just somethings I noticed-
1. You typed 'rustled' as 'russeld'
2. At many places, you've forgotten to start a sentence with a capital letter.
3. It is nice that you started the story with a description, but it seems very far and unrelatable to the reader. Try writing more descriptions and practising them.
4. The flow of the piece is very broken, I'm sorry to say so. One minute you are talking about the forest, next you are talking about Ivan. It just doesn't work. As you are writing a story for the first time, I would suggest that you try writing in the first person dialogue. Make Ivan your persona. Then explain how he is looking at the forest or reading the book. Try not to put too many activities together, it is tougher for you to write, tougher for us to read.
5. Honestly, I don't think anyone would be waiting for an attack. So just try proofreading it, ok?
I really liked the story and I just wished to help it get better. Please don't take it harshly. Have a good day!
Akanksha Suresh

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012

Author

chance2
chance2

CA



About
more..

Writing
prolouge prolouge

A Story by chance2