3 Reasons You Should Think About A Career In HVAC

3 Reasons You Should Think About A Career In HVAC

A Story by charlottemason
"

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to choose a permanent career.

"
In addition to trying to please your parents, you might also be concerned about supporting yourself and enjoying your new job. Here are three reasons that you should think about a career in HVAC, and why it might be the right job for you. 

1: No Need for Several Years of Schooling 

How do you feel about going to college? If you are like most people, you probably don’t look forward to sitting in those stuffy classrooms, memorizing pages of information, and dealing with group projects. To complicate things, many degrees take a long time to earn, which can make things difficult if you need to start earning a paycheck to support yourself. 

If you want to choose a great career and start earning money quickly, you should think about going into HVAC. Although many states require some formal schooling, most programs can be completed in under a year. Also, the training tends to be a lot more hands-on, so you won’t have to worry about counting down the days until the semester ends. 

Here are a few of the things that you will learn when you are accepted into a trade program that specializes in HVAC like the HVAC Technical Institute. 

A thorough understanding of the dynamics behind airflow and temperature control will help you to be more effective in the field. 
Installing Devices: You will also learn how to install a wide variety of different systems, so that you aren’t ever taken off-guard by an unfamiliar appliance. 
Maintenance and Troubleshooting: To help homeowners solve problems without replacing their system, you will learn how to spot issues and repair them on the spot. 
Electrical Work: A basic understanding of electrical work will help you to install systems and replace bad components. 
Forming Sheet Metal: You will learn how to install ventilation lines by shaping sheet metal, attaching it to the house structures, and bonding the joints together to maximize airflow. 
HVAC school can help to prepare you for the rigors of your job, so that you can be a profitable and effective professional. 

2: Job Security 

Although many job markets are highly dependent on the status of the economy, HVAC work is a field that is somewhat recession proof. The fact of the matter is that keeping indoor climates a livable temperature is a necessity, so you might not have to worry about losing your job if you get a degree in HVAC. In fact, the HVAC market is projected to grow a whopping 34% from 2010 to 2020. 

Because there is an ever-increasing need for HVAC experts, you might not have to worry about hunting down work or living from paycheck to paycheck. As long as you are willing to work, there will be a nearly never-ending supply of air conditioners and heaters to fix and new homes that need to have ventilation lines installed. 

3: Changing Work Environment 

Sometimes, people have a tough time wrapping their mind around sitting behind a desk all day. If you prefer to work with your hands, the HVAC field might be right for you. Instead of going to the same place and listening to the same people, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a constantly changing work environment, talk with new customers, and help the folks who are in dire need of your services. 

© 2018 charlottemason


Author's Note

charlottemason
Another benefit of becoming an HVAC professional is that you will have the opportunity to be your own boss, which can dramatically improve custom rolling papers your workday. Instead of stressing out about that report that you need to have to your manager or dealing with tough job reviews, you can work on your own, take care of the things that you need to take care of, and finish out your workday without a lot of hassle.
Becoming an HVAC professional will give you a stable job for many years to come, without having to deal with several years of sitting in cramped desks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A nice promotional notice you've drafted up. Very informative and persuasive, that I would think you would make a very successful spokesperson for the field. Such an occupation, however, though I enjoy the benefits, won't be suitable for me given my psychological disorder, but you've drawn me in spirit with your presentation. You might want to add more about the three benefits so people would know about personal experience, probably explain what that 34% increase means in specific detail. If your purpose with this is to advise people that HVAC provides great opportunity, you've done a great job in providing that explanation on a surface level. Now, are you able to explain all that on a deeper level is the question.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A nice promotional notice you've drafted up. Very informative and persuasive, that I would think you would make a very successful spokesperson for the field. Such an occupation, however, though I enjoy the benefits, won't be suitable for me given my psychological disorder, but you've drawn me in spirit with your presentation. You might want to add more about the three benefits so people would know about personal experience, probably explain what that 34% increase means in specific detail. If your purpose with this is to advise people that HVAC provides great opportunity, you've done a great job in providing that explanation on a surface level. Now, are you able to explain all that on a deeper level is the question.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2018
Last Updated on June 15, 2018
Tags: career, writing

Author

charlottemason
charlottemason

Orlando, OH



About
My name is Charlotte my dream is to inspire and help others through my writing and one day to hopefully write and be successful with it enough to do it for a living rather than just a hobby. I don't h.. more..