Celebrating Philippine Independence

Celebrating Philippine Independence

A Story by chaireinferrascalayca

I am a Filipino proud of my rich heritage and ancestry. Today, I am one of the almost 92 million Filipinos all around the world celebrating and proclaiming once again independence since that day on June 12,1898 when tyranny, struggles and sacrifices had been put to an end… When freedom has been given us in exchange of selfless souls.


And now on this glorious day of June 12, 2011, I give thanks and hail the great men behind the freedom that not only I but millions of Filipinos enjoy. I will hold it close to my heart and use it with great responsibility.


And to express my freedom:


I thank God for keeping me alive and keeping me sane in times I feel I want to give up.


To my family, thank you for the support and for being my most famous OPPOSITION. It is through your constant chiding and criticisms that I learn I am wrong and make mistakes.


To my friends, I miss you so badly and I hope you would stop kidding me that I don’t because it feels so bad not seeing you for the longest time.


To the one who holds my heart, thank you and I love you.


To my previous co-workers, I will miss all the fun and stresses combined.


To Nang Abigail, I love the tambays at BUNCHIES. Wish we could meet up some time.


To Nang Rachelle and Ciara, my “bestprens”, thanks for the friendship.


To Sir Julius Caesar, breathe in love and expel hatred. You’ll miss all the fun if you hesitate to fall in love.


To my patients, thank you for the constant stresses. But then again, thank you for giving me a reason to smile and feel my efforts are appreciated.


To my present work, I hate to break it to you but you gave me the biggest zit I had in my entire life but I know that my efforts will not be wasted.

Because of my experiences, now I know how it really is to do time management.

And now I’ve learned that patience really is a virtue.


So, what have you got to say? Go ahead. Speak your mind. It’s Independence Day after all.


Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Declaration_of_Independence
http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/population_of_philippines_in_2011

© 2011 chaireinferrascalayca


Author's Note

chaireinferrascalayca
You can also visit me at http://frommybeautifulmind.blogspot.com/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 20, 2011

Author

chaireinferrascalayca
chaireinferrascalayca

Iloilo City, VI, Philippines



About
I used to be part of my school's publication in high school and up until college. I never really had the time to exercise my ability because I was always news editor, and you know how it is-- no flatt.. more..

Writing