Shattered Galaxy

Shattered Galaxy

A Poem by chekkers
"

this was just a quick little thing I decided to write in the moment. Please keep in mind that I didn't edit any of it, so this is just the raw writing. Take it as you want.

"

And like that, he was gone. Every bone in his body, never enough. All along he had held the stars up for her, covering any dark that dared to touch her shattered skin, yet still she always wanted more. More light. More dripping blood from his infected veins. Every fiery melody from the night sky greeted him then, their angry song echoing through his mind. He had been fooled, a dark trick by the devil, and still he felt the need to protect the only reason he shone. He was the moon, but meant nothing without his sun to make him glow, to warm the iced flesh of his body as he struggled to hold up the pull of every other planet. The sun could go on without the moon, but the moon was never meant to be without it’s sun. Every quest was meant to end, and loss was the only fulfilling ending. What is one to do when they are still alive? Grow old? Watch as the life withers away from them? Watch as every planet they have pulled with them for eternity explodes and cracks out of their rotting fingers? He only ever wanted more, and that’s when he knew, he was just like her. But she still had a beating heart, one he could never shatter like she did his.

© 2021 chekkers


Author's Note

chekkers
as I said, this is a raw piece of writing. There isn't really any backstory and yes, I know it starts out pretty cheesy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

23 Views
Added on January 19, 2021
Last Updated on January 19, 2021
Tags: short story, universe, English

Author