Apocalypse

Apocalypse

A Story by chellbell
"

A girl name Kaydence has a crazy science teacher named miss Cuttler who is just crazy enough to make the students in her class Zombie. However in the mess of everything Kaydence happens to find love

"

 It was a normal Monday morning , or so I thought . It started out as normal and the alarm blared loudly at 6:40 am to wake me up. I always get up at 6:40, in order to have time to get ready for the bus that comes at 7:30. At around 7 my Mom yells for me to come down and eat.  

 

“Kaydence come on down and eat! I made french toast!" 

 

“Okay Mom, one minute ” I yell back and continue to get ready. I am not a girl who likes to dress up ; all I wear most of the time is jeans and a graphic T-shirt with a band I like on it, zombies or cats. Today I picked out the zombie shirt that says "brainssss" and has a zombie with brain parts in its mouth.  

 

After getting dressed, I brush my long brown hair and put it in a bun. I head downstairs to eat. My mom and Dad are at the table already and they both had their share of french toast. My Dad is reading the newspaper and my Mom is having a glass of orange juice.  

 

“Good morning, sweetie,” my Dad says as he looks up from his paper. “Take a seat and have something to eat. We're sorry we ate without you - we were both hungry." 

 

I sit down, grab two slices of french toast, pour myself some orange juice, and then eat quickly since it's already 7:15. The bus will be here soon.  

 

“Kaydence, your lunch bag in in the fridge and your school bag is on the counter. Don't forget anything!” My Mom says as I get up to put my plate in the sink. I grab my lunch out of the fridge after I grab my bag. My house is the second to last stop so we pick up two more kids and head to school.  

 

I sit with my friend Melanie. We are both seniors. She has beautiful red hair that is naturally curly, pale skin like myself, and has blue eyes. That is where the similarity ends, as mine are green. We both are five feet tall. She's more girly than I am; she likes to wear makeup and dresses. She  is wearing a blue dress with flowers on it today.  

 

After the bus gets to the school  we walk each other to our lockers. They're in the same hallway but not next to each other. We usually go to her locker first, since it's closest to the entrance doors. We always do this because we don't have any classes together, so this is our way of hanging out  and getting to talk for a bit. We have lunch together, as well as take the same bus home, so that's a plus.  

 

I met Melanie my first year at Westmount High. She is my only friend there since I'm pretty antisocial. I don't like other people since they never been nice to me. I scare them since I wear Gothic makeup sometimes. The shirts I wear are very graphic, especially my zombie ones. Even though Melanie is my complete opposite, we bonded on a band we both like. We love Screaming Crows. They are a heavy metal band and that's how we started talking.  With excitement she came over and exclaimed, “I really love your shirt. I love that band so much!” Ever since then we became friends. She don't have other friends either as she is just really shy. We decided to keep to ourselves,  but she has a boyfriend. Though she met him at her part time job that she works after school, they always hang out on the weekends so there's plenty of time for us both.  

 

The bell rings to indicate class is starting. The day goes by pretty fast, except last period, which seems to drag on. It's possible because tickets go on sale tonight for a Screaming Crows concert. Obviously I'm taking Melanie with me, but one of my parents has to go since neither of us have a car - plus we both are not 18 yet.  

 

Last period is with the wacky science teacher Ms. Cutler. Everyone calls her wacky because she likes to do a lot of experiments, even when she's home. She loves zombies and is always talking about how she thinks they are cool. She has mentioned how it would be really interesting to be able to create a zombie. Most students think she's joking but I think she actually could do it. With all the other crazy stuff she's done, I can see her trying. I swear she's secretly some kind of witch.  

 

The class started out normal; collecting of homework, getting into pairs, and then working on a lab experiment she had planned. While we were working, in the corner of my eye I saw her take out this bottle of weird looking liquid, pour it into a juice bottle, and says, "I brought the class some juice. If anyone want some, I'll pour it into these Dixie cups.” 

 

About half of the class got some juice. Some were not thirsty and a few girls said they only drink water. Since I was suspicious, I didn't partake. In my gut I knew something was up. Ms. Cutler has been talking about making zombies and how cool they are since the beginning of the school year. She always compliments my zombie shirts. What really got me to thinking was the fact that the vegetarian girl started talking about how badly she wanted some raw steak. That's when I knew I had to leave the school. I decided to leave during a bathroom break. It's perfect because I can just go home. The only thing going through my mind is: will my parents believe me? 

 

Everyone is busy doing work or chatting so I raise my hand. “Ms. C, can I please use the restroom?”  

 

“Kaydence, class is over in five minutes. I know you can hold it until then,” Ms. C says. 

 

Damn! "What to do now?" I thought. Then it came to me; I can start packing up now, head to the door at the three minute mark, and then run out.  

 

As soon as I get all packed, Ms. Cutler blows a blow horn. Right before my eyes students turn into zombies. Before anything else could happen, I run out. I never ran so fast in my life before! 

 

The zombies are not to quick at catching up since they are busy chasing other students. Some managed to grab a few students, devouring their brains. Luckily I made it outside. But with all the craziness it suddenly hit me that Melanie was inside. For quick safety, I jumped inside a trash disposal unit, hoping the trash was strong enough to cover my smell. 

 

First thought was to text her to see if she answers, and then at least I would know she was ok. “Are you okay? The craziest thing happened in crazy Cutlers class. Its hard to believe but she turned a few students into zombies!”  

 

She replied - thank God! “I'm fine! I left early for work; remember I work Wednesday to Friday." She paused and texted, "What?! No way! That's crazy! That's really hard to believe, but not impossible.”  

 

I sigh in relief. Now I need to get out of this dumpster without getting noticed, and then to run home so I can warn my parents. After that, I will head to Melanie s job at the Java Hut. It's in the next town over.  

 

Slowly opening up the cover of the dumpster and careful not to make to much noise, I poke my head out just enough to see. What I see is disturbing. A student was on the ground, lifeless with half his head torn apart. The zombies definitely got this poor sap! Thankfully there was no zombies in sight so I jumped out and ran for it all the way home.  

 

Upon arriving home, I felt like I might be sick. It's possibly because I ran a mile without stopping for breath. As I walk up the stairs to my house everything seems a bit too quiet. I open the door very slowly. Suddenly a bad smell hit my nose. It smelled like death and worry struck me all over. 

 

I start screaming, “Mom, Dad, are you home?”  

 

There was no answer, which is odd since both of their cars were in the driveway. 

 

A bad feeling hits the pit of my stomach and my head is swarming with thoughts. I finally get the courage to go look for them . To my horror, they are both dead on the living room floor; consumed by zombies. How could this have happened? It hit me like a brick. Cutler gave out brownies the other day but my parents told her they were trying to eat healthier. The brownies must have had the zombie serum. It all made sense to me now! Cutler was planning this for a while - she must have decided to turn the town into zombies! Since it's a small town where most of the kids from school live in it, it would be easy to make the zombies spread faster.  

 

With no time to mourn, I had to leave before the zombies came to get me. I quickly filled my backpack with non perishables, my dads gun with all the bullets he had, bandaids, peroxide, gauze, and my dads machete that he had hung over the fire place as a cool decoration, except it's real and very sharp.  

 

Last thing I grabbed was the keys to my moms car since I already been driving it to practice for my license. I figured it would be easier for me to drive than my dads truck. As I was driving down the street to Melanie's work, a zombie was behind me, running after the car. Shifting the car into reverse, I run him over. I keep driving, not thinking about my parents death or the zombies. The goal right now is to grab Melanie and then figure a plan for survival. 

 

After parking the car, I book it inside. “Melanie we have to go now! It's not safe! Cutler turned some of the residents into zombies, as well as the students."  

 

Once I calm down it dawns on me that the coffee shop is empty. The zombies must have been here but it looks like everyone got away. But were is my best friend? “Melanie, are you here?” Thankfully she comes out from hiding in the storage room. 

 

 “Kaydence! You were right! They tried to come in here but we locked the doors. Unfortunately as people freaked out, they demanded to have to doors open so they could leave. We let them out the back but some of the zombies managed to get in by plowing through the customers. The moment I noticed they got in, I ran to hide in the storage room, not leaving until hearing your voice." 

 

 “I'm just glad your okay! Lets grab water from the drink case and leave this place,” I said to her. 

 

 We grabbed the water, got in the car, and then drove away. We're not sure where to go that would be safe, so I drove all the way to the next state, hoping they wouldn't have made it that far. It was getting dark so we had to find a safe place to park for the night. To be extra safe, I decided to drive to one more state. The chances of them getting this far was very slim.  

 

We found a gated parking lot to stay the night in, but just in case, we took turns staying up to watch for zombies.

© 2017 chellbell


Author's Note

chellbell
BE KIND! PLEASE
I can handle constructive criticism but im sensitive so nothing mean .
this is not finished yet ill post more as I write it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on August 24, 2017
Last Updated on August 25, 2017
Tags: zombies, love, romance, adventure

Author

chellbell
chellbell

MA



About
Name is Michelle I been writing on and off for years now Im still a mediocre writer but with practice I keep getting better . nice or constructive criticism ONLY im sensitive. more..