Hey There

Hey There

A Poem by Chelsea
"

God never leaves us....

"

Hey There

 

I forgot whom you are

Never will I leave, never will I forsake you

 

I let myself wander

I was glued to your side

 

I called you names, names of sin

I called you “my child”

 

I tossed my bible out the window

I caught it and held it, waiting for you to read my words

 

I doubted you, your very existence

I waved my hands, signaling you

 

I didn’t love you

I never quit loving you

 

I claim you as my saviour

You accept and welcome me, with open arms

© 2011 Chelsea


Author's Note

Chelsea
I admit, for quite awhile I was mad at God. And yes, I'm ashamed to say I threw my bible as hard as I could out the window.....No joke.
But God never left me.... As it says in this poem.
He was there all along!
Also, this poem feels unfinished. I can't put my finger on it and I've edited a million times. So any help would be welcome, please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very interesting poem. I like how each line show two different sides of the argument within the poem. One line presents your thoughts, and the second line presents God's thoughts. I am a person who believes in a high power, but doesn't affiliate with any known religions. With that said this poem can be applied to a number of Christians who feel like they have been abandoned. Your imagery is perfect for this poem. This is very well written as well. I think you did good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You've lead this off with "I've", which means you've forgotten Him presently, now. I don't think that's what you meant to say. You've also confused the reader with the structure of your stanzas. In the first three stanzas and the fifth, you lead with your comment and then respond with His. Your other 3 stanzas don't follow this. I still like the other 3 stanzas very much, they just aren't consistent. And maybe that's intentional. But having said this, it's a beautiful poem and a fabulous testament to your love. It doesn't feel unfinished to me at all...you've said everything that needed to be said.

(I like the revised version much better! Well done!)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

4th stanza 2nd line IT.............
No oyr creater never abandons us, it's we who abandon him

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1297 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011

Author

Chelsea
Chelsea

Canada



About
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. - Carl Sandburg Hello! Thank you for checkin’ out my page on the café! My name is Chelsea or Chels. I’m fifteen years old, your .. more..

Writing
Gun in School Gun in School

A Story by Chelsea



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..