"It"

"It"

A Story by Risk n' Wondering
"

It's anything you want it to be, and maybe everything you hate it for.

"

"IT"


One day you got a feeling, It was like nothing you’ve ever experienced before, it took over your whole body, mind, and soul. It made you feel like you had purpose when it was thought about. It made you think differently, want more, do more, and be the best you can be. It made you want to give everything you have, and give up everything you will ever have to keep it for as long as you can. It made you whole when you let it in. It gave you a piece of yourself you thought you never had. It made you try new things, and re-experience other things because it made you feel like you can be happy doing anything. It changed your concept of time in the best way imaginable. It taught you to trust unconditionally. It made you make promises. It made you want to keep those promises to show it how much it meant to you. It made you feel like you were on top of the world, and that nothing could never bring you down. It made you welcome challenges with open arms, and give you the strength to do more than you ever thought possible to overcome them. It gave you the courage to do the things you always wanted, without shame of what people would think, because it made you only care about it and nothing else. It consumed you in every way.


It made you blind to everything. It trapped you into a shell, making you forget yourself. It made you oblivious the damage it could cause because you never wanted to lose that feeling. It removed your ability to think for yourself and only please it. It made you feel alone and angry at times. That was something you never thought it could do, and it made you upset and confused that now you know it could. It made you break those promises because it changed. It changed you, not being able to recognize it or yourself anymore broke you into pieces. It made you do things you swore you would never do. It changed your concept of time in the worst way. It made you believe it was on your side.  It made you forgive too many times when you know deep down you shouldn’t. It made you hate it… That was the one thing you could never forgive. It deceived you ruthlessly.


It made you laugh, but it also made you cry. For every tear it created also made you forget twice as many laughs until you didn’t see it the same way anymore... It is what took away your innocence like it was never there. The fact that the same it, that made you complete and so unbelievably happy can switch roles faster than that feeling came along, baffled you. You try to put yourself back together again, but you never really find that missing piece you need... You realize you’ve lost IT... forever. All you’re left with is the pain of remembering you were happy, and don’t know how to be happy without…. IT...


It made you scared of it, the damage and pain you now know it can cause is something you never want to feel again. It made you stop doing new things for fear of finding it. It made you want to never give up anything you have. It made you hold in your feelings because you knew you weren’t whole anymore. It made you fear that it would take what little is left of you. It made you never make another promise. It taught you to not trust it, and to only trust yourself. It made you think differently. It made you turn a blind eye to any challenge, but you kept your courage, because you knew you would need it now more than ever. It made you care more what people thought. It gave you another piece of yourself you didn’t know you could have. It changed you... and you’ll never be the same again…

 

Then one day you get this feeling… and it was like nothing you’ve ever experienced in your whole f*****g life... and it ran through your whole body… mind… and soul… It helped you find purpose, It made you whole when you let it in… and you know that you’ll never be the same again…

© 2019 Risk n' Wondering


Author's Note

Risk n' Wondering
i guess it comes down to.. what is "It" for you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This "It" is an enemy. One that I must have trusted in my past, or one that I had in my life as a friend. They have done something that broke both of us, and shattered the world around It. "It" is a character that feels brutal pain, and wishes to put pain upon another character for something from the past. "It" feels its own kind of pain. Like some kind of a revenge story.
This is a beautiful writing, and your imagery and play on emotions is written amazingly well! The descriptions are wonderfully written, and everything places itself perfectly and has a flowing sort of theme to it. Extravagant work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Risk n' Wondering

1 Year Ago

five years gone and this comment still hits me



Reviews

This "It" is an enemy. One that I must have trusted in my past, or one that I had in my life as a friend. They have done something that broke both of us, and shattered the world around It. "It" is a character that feels brutal pain, and wishes to put pain upon another character for something from the past. "It" feels its own kind of pain. Like some kind of a revenge story.
This is a beautiful writing, and your imagery and play on emotions is written amazingly well! The descriptions are wonderfully written, and everything places itself perfectly and has a flowing sort of theme to it. Extravagant work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Risk n' Wondering

1 Year Ago

five years gone and this comment still hits me
IT is an opponent, a worthy foe, a villain that must be defeated. I make "vows" to be victorious. I become my own hero and braver with each battle. Defeat chips at my spirit, makes me doubt myself - question my position and beliefs, doubt what my gut and heart keeps trying to tell me. Do I really have courage or is it false bravado?

Very interesting piece. Your detailed descriptions lend itself to many possible answers, which is, in my opinion, brilliant writing.



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1114 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 10, 2017
Last Updated on October 6, 2019

Author

Risk n' Wondering
Risk n' Wondering

Freeport, Grand Bahama, Bahamas



Writing
32 32

A Story by Risk n' Wondering