Don't Interrupt.

Don't Interrupt.

A Story by cherrie-currie

"You're so difficult..and you know, you've hurt everyone around you by pulling this prank tonight."

 

"I know. I know. But I love you. I really, really love you." She collapsed into a hug, holding him tight, the fear and the guilt washing all over her. She doesn't understand why anyone can ever stand her, let alone stand by her while watching her hurt her loved ones both physically and emotionally just by hiding under the excuse that she is an 'angry child'. 

 

Illogical as she is, angry as she is, she knows what she is feeling is justified. Utter anger, utter hate only softened with the look in her eyes and her childlike features. She wanted to melt into him, to beg for forgiveness and to love the world again, but the pretty girl walked in, bringing tea.

 

Just one look, just one phrase from him made her go insane. "Yes! Yes, I am!!", she exclaimed wildly. She hated the J word, she refuse to vocalise it- it makes her feel like she has lost in the battle for indifference. 

 

She ran down the stairs, unhooked the chain on the front door and floated away in a search. 

 

Maybe rain is the tears of the fallen.

© 2013 cherrie-currie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mysterious story. I like the ending "maybe rain is the tears of the fallen". Good line!

Posted 10 Years Ago


cherrie-currie

10 Years Ago

Thanks :) I was just playing on the cliche of how people believe that rain are the tears of those lo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2013
Last Updated on September 17, 2013

Author

cherrie-currie
cherrie-currie

Singapore



About
Living a scripted reality where exclamation points and grand moments are just a part where art imitates life. more..

Writing