The Morning the Sun Didn't Rise

The Morning the Sun Didn't Rise

A Poem by Jess Jules

The morning the sun didn’t rise Momma cried in the shadows of the moon. Lost in her grief drowning in pain. The morning the sun didn’t rise Daddy paced the floor pleading with God to take him instead of me. The morning the sun didn’t rise my brother Kyle punched a hole in a wall Yelling stupid stupid over and over again because it was he that introduced me to danger. The morning the sun didn’t rise in a dream my jilted lover grabbed my arms and shook his regrets into me. He shook me with the fierceness of the sun and scolded me with his love. In our last kiss he strangled me with his tongue as he begged me to stay.  The morning the sun didn’t rise my blood swirled around me in a cooled breeze. My words created a corridor I traveled to the clouds. The morning the sun didn’t rise I cried a cry so cleansing I fell asleep with a heaving of the chest and no tears I cried from the clouds I rested my head upon. I cried a cleansing rain that washed the land and stomped the rooftops. The morning the sun didn’t rise my family ran from the house and was purified by the cleansing rain that was my tears. They were baptized in my love and opened their mouths to the havens to swallow little pieces of my soul. So whenever the sun rose or set I’d be with them. The morning the sun didn’t rise I kissed the stars good day and slept on the back of an angel my guide to eternity. Before I left the galaxy I bid a star to love me and shine his light in place of Apollo’s sun. The morning the sun didn’t rise the love I laid in Jupiter illuminated the sky and warmed the universe in its place. 

© 2012 Jess Jules


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is gorgeous. With some structure for easier reading this would be a poem to rival many I have seen. Even in paragraph form it grips my soul and makes me invision the scenes. I see the tears falling I see jupiter and the star that in my mind can't help but submitt to your request to Shine brighter. I want for you to be happier I want for your family to understand the joy you will find. I feel so much for the subject of this poem I can't help it
"Before I left the galaxy I bid a star to love me and shine his light in place of Apollo’s sun. The morning the sun didn’t rise the love I laid in Jupiter illuminated the sky and warmed the universe in its place."

Absolutely gorgeous! Please don't ever stop painting such beautiful pictures with your words.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012

Author

Jess Jules
Jess Jules

Philadelphia, PA



About
So..About..Me..Okay I'm a third year college student from Philadelphia PA Go PHILLS!!!! I have a really short attention span so all my stories are really fast. I try to have a lot of strong female cha.. more..

Writing