Fallen Prey

Fallen Prey

A Poem by masie
"

fighting for the love of your life, only to be trampled betrayed and left looking dumb

"

Today is the day the fight,

the battle,

the knight in shining armor bravery is finito.

The game is lost and the war is finally over. 
Left bloodied, bruised and broken with the taste of anguish and loss staining my shattered heart and disfigured soul.

What battered pieces remain, are put back together to create a distorted version of a multifaceted puzzle they once called mace.
I see the slight glimmer, a sparkle of light, which is none other than the essence that created this madness in the first place,

HOPE.

I swallow down the defeat, the tears, the what ifs, and the could’ve beens.
Try to see the silver lining, a do over if you will. Just as an adolescent trapped in an adult’s abused body.

I try to see the beauty and freedom of it all.  
But it’s hard to search for the love I yearn for when I’ve already had it. 

I start to walk away, head held high, in an attempt to regain the dignity I once had. 

The farther I get, the stronger I feel. I feel the magic start to course through my veins again. The air is sweet and full of life and the shackles chaining my mind fall away with such ease.

I run and bask in the ecstasy of it all and then stop dead in my tracks. 

That distinct familiar scent dances under my nose and like a wolf smelling blood, my eyes wide, pupils dilated, hair standing on my skin, and I’m off again chasing that small glimmer of HOPE like a wolf chasing its prey…  


© 2022 masie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
Added on March 3, 2022
Last Updated on June 2, 2022

Author

masie
masie

Durham, NC



About
i love animals and helping them. I like giving advice or helping my friends with their problems. Sports are always fun to play and watch. Art is passion for me. drawing is my escape from reality, so i.. more..

Writing
Dangerous Vows Dangerous Vows

A Poem by masie