Escape

Escape

A by Cheyson
"

Another english assignment

"

I hesitated just before punching in the last digit of my mother's phone. I listened to the phone ringing. My heart thudded against my chest while I thought about what I was about to do. when my mother picked up the phone, I gathered my courage and said in a rushed voice, "Mom I got in a wreck, the car is totally ruined, I'm so sorry, but it wasn't my fault, the other driver hit me." I was out of breath. I waited silently, hoping against hope that everything would be all right.

         "You what!" she exploded. "Do you have any idea what you've done? That was our only car, and the one time I let you drive it alone you CRASH IT?!? When you get home, I want you out of here. I'm sick of having to put up with you. Ever since we adopted you ten years ago, you've been nothing but trouble." I was speechless and stunned. I hung the phone up and walked out of the phone booth. I wasn't going home, I didn't have a home. I smiled to myself, I was speechless because it worked, it actually worked. I was finally free from that hell-hole. I counted the cash I had brought with me, over a thousand dollars. I got in the car and drove away from that awful town. There wasn't a crash, there never was, and now I was free.

© 2008 Cheyson


Author's Note

Cheyson
I know that most of it is illogical, but that's not the point

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha! sorry that i laughed! it's just that this is brilliant! i wonder how many time this has been attempted? and how many times it has worked? where'd you get this idea from?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 3, 2008

Author

Cheyson
Cheyson

Writing
Prayer in Me Prayer in Me

A Poem by Cheyson