Lost Cause, Kiss, and Opportunity

Lost Cause, Kiss, and Opportunity

A Poem by Cheyson
"

I wrote this a few years ago.

"

Lost Cause, Kiss, and Opportunity

 

          The years go by and life moves on, and still I miss you. I think about you in the dark, all alone, and remember everything we had, or at least could have had, if I had just let you kiss me.

          I long for your arms around my waist. I yearn for your loving touch and desire the kiss that would make my heart race and stop at the same time. I hope for a love that will never be, and still I cannot hope enough.

          I chase after these dreams until they are no more than memories, long lost and forgotten to the mind. The dreams are what keep me alive and sane enough to think about you with out wishing extermination, like a despicable cockroach, upon myself.

          Sometimes I’m able to feel love for you, like I used to. But mostly I just feel the dark hatred boiling in my veins. I fight to keep myself under control, but then I see you with her and my anger explodes outside of me. It ripped and clawed at me until I was nothing more than a means of getting around, nothing more than an unwilling host with my anger as the controlling parasite. It eats at me, digging deep until I am not the person I once was.

I didn’t find out the girl was his sister until it was too late and they were both dead

 

© 2009 Cheyson


Author's Note

Cheyson
what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on February 28, 2009

Author

Cheyson
Cheyson

Writing
Prayer in Me Prayer in Me

A Poem by Cheyson