Chihuahua Football At The Rose Hill Stadium

Chihuahua Football At The Rose Hill Stadium

A Poem by Marie Harrison
"

a pet poem about my dogs

"

Chihuahua Football At The Rose Hill Stadium

Watching football at home with my little dogs on a cold winter night, I realize that I coach my own football team.

 

Running deep far into the football field at the Rose Hill Stadium (which is my vegetable-dyed Persian rug that I bought at an estate sale to cover my hardwoods) is Piglet, a young and highly spirited white short-hair Chihuahua, who happens to also be a neutered male, ripped with lots of muscles and little body fat.  Piglet leaps up high and is able to catch in mid-air the fluffy white piece of parmesan cheese covered popcorn with his cute little white teeth. (That I just brushed with chicken flavored toothpaste after his bath)

 

Tessie, the long-haired, black and white female Chihuahua, who is not so lean, executes most of her plays as the defensive tackle position.  She often blocks Piglet from catching his popcorn and also profits from his fumbles, by intercepting his popcorn and eating it before she is able to execute a perfect touchdown.  (Haven’t managed to teach her to delay eating her popcorn yet)

 

Each year they get better and better, next year they might be ready to take their show on the road.  Until then, they have until the Super Bowl to practice their four footed maneuvers and tricks.  At best, they could make it to Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks some day soon.

 

(No harm was done to animals in preparation of writing this poem or playing Chihuahua Football)

 

 

 

© 2010 Marie Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's such a great poem. I really like the description.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010
Tags: Pets, Football, Winter Poem

Author

Marie Harrison
Marie Harrison

Atlanta, GA



About
Momma told me to get out and enjoy life, so now I'm going to dance. more..

Writing