Writers Block

Writers Block

A Poem by Epistemmy

1

 

Writers block isn’t just a little bit frustrating.  Writers block is the realisation that you have no place in the world.  When the words don’t come it’s because you’re not who you thought you were.  You’re a fraud.  And frauds should not be read by anyone.

 

‘Be honest,’ they say.  As if it were so easy.  Try and tell a story, and open up, and see how long it takes before your ego paints your art in mud.  Try to tell the truth – and all you’ll spin are lies. 

 

We live our whole lives in deception, and lies exact heavy psychic morgages – they require upkeep with interest.  A lie is more of an obligation than a favour.  And that’s why I think to be Authentic is to be free – because you’re free from supporting the propagandised twin you spawned.  We waste most of our lives tending to our public persona.

 

And when you force them, when you force the words to come?  You end up with foolish, misguided opines on the craft of writing.

© 2008 Epistemmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on November 4, 2008

Author

Epistemmy
Epistemmy

Auckland, New Zealand



About
An amateur philosopher prone to making tremendous logical leaps, and landing at truly absurd conclusions... but he tries. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Epistemmy