Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Distraughtment

Distraughtment

A Story by chris_matias
"

A son gets into a car accident, a daughter is acting weirdly, and a mother is clueless. All is not what it seems.

"
"Hello?"
"Yes who is it?"
"It's the hospital, your son was involved in a car accident. He's in a stable condition and we need you to come by."
"Oh my goodness! Our family will be there as soon as possible." She put the phone down quickly and rushed to the living room. Her husband and daughter were both together. One was happy and the other looked like something had happened to her before. 
"Honey, Charlie just got into an accident. The hospital told me he was okay though, we need to go over there right now." The family of 3 left their house and entered the car. There was a silence that almost chocked them to death. They knew what happened, she could have stopped him. Her husband turned back before the car started and looked at his daughter. He nodded slowly then put his foot on the pedal. The drive was uneventful and quiet. They drove up to the hospital parking lot and entered the building. 
"Hey baby, can you check us in? Me and Meghan are going to see something, right Meghan?"
"Yes that's right." Meghan said, almost in sad way.
"Um, sure but could you please get back in a little?"
"Sure." With that her husband and daughter both left the building. Sheila talked to the secretary who directed her to her son's room. 
"Charlie? You awake honey?" Sheila asked in a motherly tone.
"Yea mom" A raggedy voice spoke up.
"What happened?"
"It was dad. He did this to me, you need to stop him.
"Charlie what do you mean? Hes so sweet and gentle to me what do you mean he did this to you?
"He sent out someone for me, he's acting crazy now. I don't even know where he got the money for it. Mom have you noticed Meghan? Your husband, my father has been molesting her ever since hes lost his job." Sheila sat down, all this new information has her on the edge of total breakdown. It all made sense to her now. Meghan has been acting weirdly and looking like she has been abused. John has been is happy all of a sudden for no reason. 
"They just went somewhere!" Sheila realized. "Oh my god! He's going to molest her again!"
"Mom call the authorities now!" exclaimed Charlie, slowly losing his voice. Sheila called 911 while running down the stairs. She burst out from the hospital and into the parking lot. Behind her car she saw an outline of two people. Sirens rang in the distance, coming closer. Sheila gasped and almost fainted when she saw her husband groping her only daughter. Meghan looked terrible, dry tears on her cheeks, and bruises all over her body. Her husband didn't even know she was there until he looked to the direction Meghan was looking at. He immediately tried to calm Sheila but to no avail. The police showed up exactly at that time, running to the car. They grabbed her husband and put him in handcuffs, taking him to the back of the police vehicle. Meghan was escorted back into the hospital. 
Eventually, Charlie got better. He was released from the hospital a couple weeks after the incident. He made his way to the house, opening the door where he found both his mother and sister sitting on the couch, looking visibly scarred. Now that his father was out of the way he could do what he wanted to do all along.
"Hey guys" said Charlie, with a smug face as he entered the house.

© 2015 chris_matias


Author's Note

chris_matias
First time ever making a story for others to view.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on October 4, 2015
Last Updated on October 4, 2015
Tags: abuse, sexual, hospital, police

Author

chris_matias
chris_matias

Lynn, MA



About
I am a 15 year-old kid who just started writing. I became interested just recently as my high school teacher makes us write short stories every week. I'd like to get better and one day maybe publish m.. more..