Cocaine Carolina

Cocaine Carolina

A Story by chrisr135
"

Donny's mind is messed up in more ways than one. He talked with the voices, and they sure indeed loved the sinister plan he has for his small rural town.

"

“Kill them all, you must do it. They’re out to get you, they know about you.”

Those are the few words that continuously repeat themselves in Donny's mind. He places the key in the ignition and flicks his wrist up. The roar of the airplane echos in an empty field of weeds. He looks back and sees everything is in place for his next step.

He first heard the voices when he was 15 years old. The voice of an old lady first appeared, a sharp and sinister voice. Soon after there was more, two males. One of the voices were gentle and warm, the other was very dark and cold. He knew what it all meant, of course he did. But he didn't say anything too anyone out of the fear of being resented and getting sent into some mental institution. He was already messed up from the countless cases of abuse from his father and the sexual assault from his step mom, that's where he thinks the voices originated from. He was actually a very smart kid, trapped sharing a body with ruthless unknown voices.  As the years passed they got more aggressive and controlling, leaving Donny to fend for himself. The voices kept him up and starved him on many occasions, crying out cases of poisoned food. Donny used to think to himself on his alone time: “They’re all so angry, and they keep on going. I can't even hear my own thoughts...” The only way the voices would stop is if he would do what they asked, and if he did they would stop for only a few days.

This plan is something extreme though.

“Kill them, and after that put the damned chamber in your mouth and pull the trigger!”

He couldn't just kill all of those people just like THAT though because that'd be to easy. You see, Donny is a very intelligent kid. Top student in his science and math class as a matter of fact. So the voices took that too their advantage, have Donny make a powder using dangerous chemicals. Mix them all up to form a powder where if you inhale it your organs melt away. He will take that powder and load it in an airplane, the crop duster he could find at the college he goes to. During the busiest time of day he will fly over the town and the powder will be released everywhere for all the men, women and children to take in.

“I'm off!” Donny says while going down the runway.  He pulls the throttle towards his chest and the crop duster raises off the ground.

The voices are coming back:  “Drop it, annoying, worthless coward!”

“Leave me be! I'm doing it! I'm getting rid of them! We’ll be okay!” Donny said aloud to himself with a tired look in his eyes.  He speeds up and the plane tilts too far to his left, which causes him to have a slight panic. He continues to raise his elevation, reaching above the mountains that surround his rural town.

Donny stares in awe too the view that he's surrounded by.

“B******s, they’re going to get you!” the voices yell at him. Donny starts getting mad for the little reason of not getting too appreciate a little moment of peace. After all, after this he's putting his father's gun in the back of his throat.  

“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” Donny screams. He continues to scream as his rage builds. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” He hits the throttle with each word he speaks. He hits himself on the head out of frustration, his head turns and he accidentally hits his head on the window which calms him down. He looks out of the window again down at the little town and all it's people.

“Those people.. they know about me. They want to lock me up forever. I can't be locked up forever. It'll be okay, i'll explain what happened when I meet them. They’ll understand, it's not my fault.” Donny looks forward at the switch that releases everything. He makes a loop back to the end of town and there he turns around again. He flicks the switch and he hears a roaring noise, Donny looks at a mirror and sees his white dense powder falling and spreading. He continues to fly over the length of town as the powder sprinkles down onto the unfortunate people.

“They're all going to die.” Donny says with relief. ~

Down a few hundred feet, tons of people crowd at many different types of events for a annual fest. No one notices, not a damn soul. All at once men, women and children, start falling too the floor in a seizure. Screams flood the area of people as they run away from the next dead body that drops. People fall onto the floor and get crushed as the vicious crowd tramples too get away from an unseen killer. They continue to drop, blood pouring out of every gaping hole on the human body. After all of this comes complete silence, besides a lonely covered crying baby in a stroller. ~

Donny soars back too the track and smoothly lands. He comes too a complete stop and opens the top latch, hoping out directly afterwards. He looks around at the dead lands that surrounds him.

“Kill yourself, for the best of everyone murderer!” The voices say with spite, making him feel unfathomably guilty.

“You guys told me to! You guys told me to!” he says to himself in an immediate panic. He covers his ears and starts sprinting towards his car. He gets too his car and drives away. He starts going down the road into the center of town, where all those people were. His front left wheel moves up and a thud sound follows, the back left does the same. Donny looks into his side mirror and sees a body he was completely oblivious to. A lady, in her mid twenties. His wheel went right over her head, it crushed her skull inwards.

“I killed her.” Donny says, then continues to drive. After five minutes he's surrounded by the small buildings that consume his town. He squints ahead at figures in the road, his head leans forward for a better view.

“Hmmm.” Donny says. He slows down and looks at the figure once again. It's a body, one that used too belong to a fat old man. Donny's foot pushes down on the pedal against his will and his engine roars. He races forward, the wheel bounces off of the man stomach popping a rope of intestines out of his mouth and a*s. As he passes the man he looks in the mirror at his own destructive conclusion.

“I killed him.” They boy says to himself.  

“Pathetic, worthless, end it!” The voices are more angry it seems, they're shouting so loud. So many hateful and vile words are engulfing Donny's mind making him get closer and closer to a new level of insanity. They shout as if they are being tortured in the most sinister of ways. Donny begins punching himself in the face, repeatedly, hard. Again and again, his fist keeps going back to his face in different spots. His eyes begin to swell shut and his lips bulge, he slams his head on the top of the steering wheel hitting his nose causing it to bleed. His right hand comes up and hits his face with the force of a drum. For Donny everything started to go hazy.

When he hit his head on the steering wheel the force slammed his brain against his skull causing him to bleed internally. He looks at himself in the rearview mirror, the only thing that comes too his head once he sees himself is pure disgust. His face looks as if he’s been beaten with a metal baseball bat.

“I… can't.. breath.” he says with intense gasps in between each word, like a fish out of water. He looks out the window too his left at the land he grew up in. All those people he met, all the memories he made starts flooding back to him, hitting him like a emotional bullet.

I killed them all. I killed them.” he repeats to himself in his head. He begins growing anger, not like before. This is different, darker, he has grown self hate in the most purest form. He meets his eyes in the mirror once again and gives himself a baleful stare. He looks forward and with all his might he slams his head down on the top of the steering wheel. His forehead cracks sending shards of bone into his brain. His chin rests on the top of the horn, it falls sideways and turns with such an impact it causes his neck to snap. The car's horn goes off. His dead body rests against the wheel for someone at some point in time, to find.

Poor Donny, he wasn't out to get anyone. He was lost and scared with a childlike fragile mind.

Everyone died, every soul that used to grow in that town. Two days later a couple driving through town noticed the bodies. The smell was overwhelming, a scent mixed of dead cat and meth consumed the area. When they told the authorities from out of state it took days to clean up all the corpses, and no one knows what happened to them. Over 5000 people dead, from one boy who was terrified of living.

© 2017 chrisr135


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on May 16, 2017
Last Updated on May 16, 2017
Tags: #Insanity

Author

chrisr135
chrisr135

Rangely , CO



About
I've wanted to be a writer even before I knew it was a career choice. I grew up in a town with a population of close to 2000 and I hope to one day travel the world and meet people and make friends. If.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by chrisr135