Amsterdam

Amsterdam

A Story by ChrissieDH
"

A short journey through the city of chaos and beauty.

"
I was feeling sad. The dancing houses along the waterfront seemed to feel the same way in the early morning mist. I felt heavy and irritated as I pushed my way through the usual tourist throng that I normally worked hard to avoid. The smell of weed and cheap vending machine burgers filled my nostrils as it started to rain. Laughter and chatter in a dozen languages surrounded me as rows of tourist pushed into each other, filling the entire street. I can hardly move in the chaos. Amsterdam. 
I needed to escape. 
I pushed my way through the streets until the crowds thinned and soon I was entirely alone in the heart of the Jordaan. The thin, wobbly little houses slanted vicariously too and fro and seemed to whisper flirtatiously to each other as I navigated the wet cobbled street. Little balconies guarded the windows and were filled with green plants and beautiful flowers in old jars and baskets. There were a few bicycles chained up, seemingly forgotten and some ornate benches were enjoying the rain. My spirits lifted in the messy tranquillity, and I found that I was enjoying the rain too. There is beauty in the chaos. Amsterdam. 

© 2017 ChrissieDH


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow...
"There is beauty in the chaos. Amsterdam. "
This line made me smile! This story... was amazing! The way you described people speaking in different languages and the vending machines and even the vacant bicycles or allies of Amsterdam, it was really good!
Keep it up!
I would love to read more of your work! :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


ChrissieDH

7 Years Ago

Thank you Mr.Writer! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 3, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017
Tags: Amsterdam, short, peace, chaos

Author

ChrissieDH
ChrissieDH

The Hague, Netherlands



About
I'm Chrissie, from Northern Ireland and living in The Netherlands. more..

Writing