Santa Fe Dam

Santa Fe Dam

A Poem by Charlie B Valdez
"

It was a beautiful, windy day and I thought about Santa Fe Dam in Irwindale, CA. I used to come here as a child. It's a random free-write. Don't be harsh.

"
Santa Fe Dam
(Irwindale, CA)
 
I come here when it's clear, windy and warm. It's about a 7 minute walk up the 45 degree-angle hill. Ones hamstrings are in for a burning. When the top is reached it's the best f*****g feeling and all is left behind. Work, the City, the world, Life is standing still with you holding your hand. The 70 mile per hour wind gusts whisper sweet every things to you. Your clothes want to fly off in the hugging breeze and leave you standing there naked like the day you were born, looking below and seeing your soul trying to catch up with more than it can handle. You're more alive than ever. I love screaming at the top of my lungs into the air and feeling my worries, my fears, my losses get carried away. I've given my troubles to the wind and it will carry them far away for a long, long time. At the edge of the rocky cliff, I step just to test the force behind the hurricane zephyr and it lifts me off of the ground. It's the closest I get to flying or skydiving at the moment and I never want it to end. It's a beautiful secret. I find peace here when my days are too much for my mind to handle. And I come here to thank the Gods for who I am and am meant to be to the world. I haven't been here in 2 years but I re-visit it often in my dreams and see him. My brother-in-law Troy who still rocks out in the heavens above. He reminds me that all will be fine in the end and that this world, the one I so desperately try to escape is a pit stop on the way to another life. What ever that means, I swear it's what he told me in my sleep. I miss him. Santa Fe Damn.

© 2008 Charlie B Valdez


Author's Note

Charlie B Valdez
It's random. I know

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on May 6, 2008

Author

Charlie B Valdez
Charlie B Valdez

Los Angeles, CA



About
I write best when I am depresesed and upset at the world. I quickly snap out of it am come back to the realization that my experience may somehow help someone who suffers with manic-depression as I do.. more..

Writing